Control a lego mindstorm?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Control a lego mindstorm?

Nate the Great(Posted 2012) [#1]
I was wondering if anyone has successfully controlled a lego mindstorm nxt brick via blitz max over the usb cable. I have NO experience with usb ports and programming but I do know you can control the motors remotely with the program that comes with it so there has to be a way for me to control it from a blitz max program. I saw the thread on how to control a mindstorm via bluetooth but I would assume doing so via usb would be different and I have no idea how to start on this.

Last edited 2012

PhotonTom(Posted 2012) [#2]
I used to have the old lego mindstorms bricks (the ones before the nxt) and I used to have this alternative software on my PC that controlled it over usb, so its definitely possible but its unlikely many people here will know how to do it so it might be worth contacting the creator of said software about how to do it and then try to convert that code to blitzmax. Off the top of my head I cannot remember the name of the software but I'm sure a quick google search for mindstorms alternative software will probably send you on your way

Nate the Great(Posted 2012) [#3]
Even if I was able to contact someone who could describe how to do it, I would have no idea how to use usb ports with blitz max. Anyone got any idea how to send info over a usb port at least?

PhotonTom(Posted 2012) [#4]
Reading old posts and found this, might help: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=64573