Screen scraping and manipulation in Blitzmax?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Screen scraping and manipulation in Blitzmax?

SpaceAce(Posted 2012) [#1]
Is this possible, within reason, using Blitzmax? My C#/C++ is rusty.

Machine A pushes a video signal to Machine B via HDMI. Machine B receives the signal through a dedicated capture card. Machine B then pushes its video signal out to multiple monitors through a standard graphics card. So, Machine B is actually just sharing its desktop view with those other monitors.

I would like to manipulate the image being sent out from Machine B. This is fairly simple, of course, if I am working completely inside a Blitzmax program; I can just capture the current graphics data to a pixmap, do what I want to it, and redraw it. In this case, though, the capture program will be taking up the entire screen, and I need to capture that image data and draw on top of it.

Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to do this in Blitzmax?

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#2]

Am I barking up the wrong tree trying to do this in Blitzmax?

Probably not, Blitzmax can do anything, but to do anything, your going to have to really look at implementing your system via C/C++ and use glue to tie it in with Blitzmax.

I literally have no idea how to achieve what your asking, but, years ago, I built a program in plain old BlitzPlus (via userlibs) that controlled motors for a laser cutter, which spat out instructions for the motors in regards to the template in the application... These instructions went through the serial port, which was then picked up by a controller which was programmed in PIX or something (Cannot remember now), worked a charm!

Be interesting to see if you manage to pull that off... Nothing is impossible, its only a chew! :)

Dabz

Last edited 2012

SpaceAce(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yeah, I wasn't really suggesting this was impossible in Blitzmax, but I am wondering whether or not it's so much of a hassle that I should just look elsewhere for a solution. I was hoping to squeak by with Blitzmax because I hardly ever use C++/C#, anymore.

Essentially, I have a video stream coming in which might or might not have certain areas that need to be changed. I have to read each incoming screen, check if the changes need to be made, then make them, and output them to another display. So far, every solution I come up with sucks.