BLIde update available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde update available

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello!
A new BLIde Plus update is available to BLIde Plus users.

For newcomers, BLIde Plus is a Windows BlitzMax IDE that provides many features for authoring, modifying, compiling, deploying and debugging games and applications written in BlitzMax. It also provides a complete intellisense system, code folding, and a long list of useful features. For more information see here: http://www.blide.org and here: http://www.blide.org/?page_id=357

This is the changelog of this latest release:

BLIde version 12.05.1501 SP1

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when concurrent instances of BLIde were trying to access the STDKEYWORDS.TXT file at the same time due to mutual file access blocking. Implemented a secure text stream.

• Support for LINQ in BLIde SDK parser.

• Support for lambda and anonymous expressions in BLIde SDK parser.

• Fixed incorrect drawing of line numbers.

• Fixed bug with calculating scrollbars size when scrolling to the end of the document.

• Fixed incorrect processing of Shift+Tab key stroke (sometimes).

• Fixed incorrect navigation through words.

• Fixed a bug with dragging when using non-monospaced fonts.

• Fixed a bug with thread synchronization when parsing text.

• Fixed a bug with sort order for intellisense members.

To get the update, just start BLIde or go to Help / Check for BLIde updates. This update is highly recommended, as it also introduces several performance improvements in the text renderer.

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#2]
Small additional update available.
This is the changelog:
BLIde version 12.05.2001 SP1 (Quick fix)

• Improved the Jump to definition behavior so that now if diferenciates properly when you're poiting to a class detatype and to a variable that has a speciffic class datatype.

• Added a "*" character to each modified document in the tabs document view.

• Fixed a small stability bug when editing large source code documents and a very long list of undo/redo operations was commited. A memory leak could happen.

Update as always.

Last edited 2012

GfK(Posted 2012) [#3]
Hi, the update installed and works fine, but I got this error during installation:

"downloadtest has stopped working"

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: blideupdater.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4fb13668
Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4f1cffc7
Problem Signature 07: 7de
Problem Signature 08: 38
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#4]
That's weird as this assembly has had no modifications since a year or so. Maybe some sync issues with the NGen utility. I'll take a look but it's sure a minor thing.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#5]
Another update is available.
This is the changelog:
BLIde version 12.06.0201 SP1
• Integrated a new system that is able to ember copyright information, company, version number, etc on the generated executables by internaly automating the Windres utility. This has been integrated on the BLIde Publisher

• Added an option to solution (both managed and unmanaged) to store their default additional copyright information on the new Publisher fields

• Modernized the look and feel of the BLIde welcome page. Now the news channel is based on the BLIde.org website RSS feed, so it will be providing significative content

• Modified the fade in/out effect to use a white backcolor instead of a dark-grey. (It looks cleaner)Small areas of the ide have now a more modern look and feel. Flatened a bit some buttons, and small tinny changes to some the the skins

Update as usual.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#6]
does not work for me :(

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#7]
What? The entery update? Did previous work?

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#8]
ziggy, The program works but still no version information added through Blide+ :/

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#9]
Are you using the publisher to do it? Give me some details.

Captain Wicker (crazy hillbilly)(Posted 2012) [#10]
Yes, I am using the publisher stuff.
as for Windres:
PATH=C:\mingw\bin;%PATH%

then
windres -i C:\BlitzMax\myproject\resfile.rc -o

makes
C:\BlitzMax\myproject\projectinfo.o

then
?Win32
import "projectinfo.o"
?

works

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#11]
But when you use the publisher you do not need to import any o file as it would conflict with current blide implementation of this. Set the icon and everything from the publisher window and it should make it. None of your steps are required or recommended. BLIde automates all this.

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2012) [#12]
Hi

With the latest blide I get the following error if I try to publish:

Error publishing: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

If I try to publish again I get another error: Error publishing: File already open.

This is an unmanaged Soloution.

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#13]
Does it happen when you try to publish anything? I would love to fix it. do you have MinGW installed?

EDIT: Please, It would be great if you could send my an e-mail so I can send you a debug-friendly version of BLIde so I can get a complete call stack of where the bug is happening, in order for me to fix it. (your email is not in your profile).

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#14]
A new verion has been release. It's a stability update, so updating is highly recommended.

This is the changelog:
BLIde version 12.06.0601 SP1 (Stability fix)

• Fixed an issue that was making BLIde Publisher crash on some specific configurations

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when there was concurrent access to a layout file from several BLIde instances, due to mutual blocking of file access.

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when the IDE was closing and there was more of one instance of BLIde running

• Fixed an issue that was making BLIde use an unsecure file stream when BLIde was launched and the current BlitzMax setup had been removed from disk. This could cause a potential crash on concurrent access to this BLIde setting on the BLIde Framework folder.

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when saving the layout status on the close operation, when the computer was being shut down and there were more than one instances of BLIde running

• Fixed an issue that was making BLIde use an unsecure file stream to read autolists data from custom autolists.

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when getting the available information about the current installed BlitzMax

As several people has asked this before privatey: This version does still run on .net 2.1 (as the minimum framework) and is compatible up to .net 3.5 Some of the changes on this update have been done to prepare the transition to net 4.0, but this version is still using the same framework as always. Whenever this change, I'll explicitly inform about it.

Last edited 2012

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2012) [#15]
Hi Ziggy

The latest fix version works perfectly again, thanks.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#16]
Another update has just been released.
This is the changelog
BLIde version 12.07.0501 SP1

• Modified the way BLIde internally handles case-less string, so it is a lot faster now as it is independent from current thread culture. This gives a nice speed improvement

• Optimized tokening and matching speed on the BlitzMax and C# parsers

• Added a feature that allows to set a custom defined temporary folder for BLIde. Useful for people running BLIde on a solid state drive that wish to have temporary files outside their solid state drive

• Corrected several typos on the IDE texts thanks to some BLIde users

• Fixed a bug that could cause a symbol-only font, to be causing some GDI inconsistences on the BLIde internal text renderer

• Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when a find and replace operation was requested on a file where no matches where found

• Modified the BLIde Install Time Compiler, so it now only requires .net 2 instead of 3.5 (as the rest of BLIde).

Update as usual.

Zeke(Posted 2012) [#17]
cool. thanks.

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#18]
@Ziggy

I can't get any of my old BLide solutions to load into the latest version. I select "open solution" and choose a "*.blide" file, after which BLide displays the "read carefully" dialog in which I am told to "save your project and load it again to complete the compatibility conversion tool". However, I can't save it - as BLide tells me "There was no project or single file selected to save" - and when I try to reload the solution, no solution is displayed, and the output window displays:
The file blah.bmx has changed its original location. This will be updated in the project file
The publisher can't find the icon file for blah.bmx
[blah.bmx] closed.
[blahblah.bmx] closed.
The project is on current BLIde version format.
Am I doing something really dumb?

Last edited 2012

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#19]
@Chalky: Can I ask how old are those BLIde files? If there's not a bit issue, it may be helpful if you can send me the problematic solution so I can check everything here and try to fix any possible incompatibility.

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#20]
@Ziggy: they are quite old (2008) - I have emailed you an example.

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#21]
@Chalky: I'm at it! I hope to be providing a fix tomorrow

Neochrome(Posted 2012) [#22]
Another Fix if your up to it...

Id like to use the "FixedSys" font...
however it never seems to be listed in the fonts...

any chance this could be part of the update?

Chalky(Posted 2012) [#23]
@Ziggy: just wondered if you've managed to crack this yet?