Feature request:Jump Labels in IDE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Feature request:Jump Labels in IDE

*(Posted 2012) [#1]
What I would like is Jump labels for IDE I dont mean '#whatever' I mean labels that appear in the function box so I can jump to a specific area of code, these could be ignored at compile time.

Purebasic has them with ;- command which allows for remarks to appear in the function list it would be an amazing feature in BlitzMax and would save ages scrolling through code to reach the area you wanted to get to where one ';- MY CODE TAG' would be required and I could click and jump as if it was a function name

Thoughts?

matibee(Posted 2012) [#2]
They are available in the community edition of the IDE. There's a tree list for the source file that picks up "MARK:" "TODO:" and "BUG:" and "FIX:" tags. Double clicking one will take you to that section of code.

I found them useful to start with but I haven't bothered with them for a while.

SystemError51(Posted 2012) [#3]
Also, in the tool bar, there's a tab called "Code". It shows you the types, methods, and functions that are in the file you're looking at. Double-clicking one of those also jumps to that part.

*(Posted 2012) [#4]
@SystemError51: Yup I do use that quite 'extensively' what I am asking for is if you have a BIG function and need to jump to a specific point in it a simple "'- JUMP TO HERE" would be excellent.

I know about the list of stuff but I have a function that is quite large and scrolling down or up to get to a specific place is a pain in the butt, all I am asking for is a "'-" remark like PB's that way it would be ignored by the compiler BUT would allow jumping in the editor making it a very useful system indeed.

jkrankie(Posted 2012) [#5]
blide has these doesn't it?

Cheers
Charlie

*(Posted 2012) [#6]
@jkrankie: the flaw to the otherwise perfect plan is im on OSX, BLide is windows only :s