Graphics problems on Vista

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Graphics problems on Vista

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#1]
On vista whenever I run any program it crashes on the first graphics command, including the samples (digesteroids,fireworks)
also i have MingW installed but I cant re-compile modules - the option is greyed out

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#2]
If the option is greyed out, (and you rebooted your PC after installing), it means that it the IDE can't find it -- probably didn't set the MinGW environment variables?

As far as the crash is concerned: It's possible that your videocard doesn't support the video mode it's trying to set. Can you open a graphics screen in windowed mode (as opposed to full screen) ?

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#3]
Ok I fixed the MingW issue by putting in the path variables,
Im sure the hardware can handle the graphics modes as they open on older hardware

BlitzSupport(Posted 2012) [#4]
What about adding this before the Graphics calls?

SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver ()

Also, do check whether or not you can open a windowed Graphics mode, as xlsior suggests.

xlsior(Posted 2012) [#5]
Im sure the hardware can handle the graphics modes as they open on other hardware

Not necessarily - some new LCD monitors are incapable of displaying 800x600 for example. That's why I suggested opening it in windowed mode, if that works then its most likely a problem with your monitor/video drivers.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hmm the graphics work now, strangely they didnt work immediately after I recompiled the modules but they do now.....:/

Thanks for your helps

Last edited 2012