Linux abd RequestFile()

Archives Forums/Linux Discussion/Linux abd RequestFile()

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#1]
When calling RequestFile in Linux (newest ubuntu install), instead of the usual dialog thingy, I'm ending up with this in the IDE:

Building Project
Compiling:Project.bmx
flat assembler version 1.68 (32768 kilobytes memory)
4 passes, 327421 bytes.
Linking:Project.debug
Executing:Project.debug
Enter a filename: <----- Asking for filepath here instead of showing dialog

Which, isnt what I want, as you can imagine, there's no warnings or anything, just... that! :)

Dabz

Last edited 2012

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#2]
You need to compile a GUI application. For console applications fallsback to a input question.

The CLI driver for RequestFile ignores the given message by the way. Would be nice if Mark could fix this.

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks htbaa, but, I am compiling a GUI app, that's the problem....

Dabz

Htbaa(Posted 2012) [#4]
Ehm... Not sure but do you need to import MaxGUI then? All at the latest version? I use it for the Maximus GUI in Linux as well and that works fine.

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#5]
I'm not at the pc at the moment, but, the code runs without maxgui on other platforms, everything brand spanking as I downloaded and installed it lastnight, built mods etc etc.

Just in case its related to that big you mentioned, ill just delve into bruceys wxMax, because it seems to be more reliable and I won't have to wait for a fix that probably won't happen now since monkey seems to be getting all the attention! ;)

Dabz

skidracer(Posted 2012) [#6]
For Linux you simply need to import MaxGUI for a GUI based file requester.

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#7]

For Linux you simply need to import MaxGUI for a GUI based file requester.

Cheers for that Skid... Know what, I forgot the actual Linux forum was here, lol, bless it... tucked away all the way at the bottom nearly!

Dabz

therevills(Posted 2012) [#8]
I forgot the actual Linux forum was here

Yeah.... but this is still a BlitzMax programming question/issue, not sure why it was moved!?

Dabhand(Posted 2012) [#9]

Yeah.... but this is still a BlitzMax programming question/issue, not sure why it was moved!?

Well, the thing is, if the problem crops up again for someone, and like me, they search the forums up the top, and totally forget about this place, their gonna miss it, bit of a shame when the solution is 21 characters long! :D

Dabz