MacOS and Blitzmax 1.45

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/MacOS and Blitzmax 1.45

GfK(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hello.

Anybody having problems getting stuff to compile with 1.45 on Lion? I've been trying to compile Magicville and it keeps reporting that the application quit unexpectedly (even with debug on). Also, if there's an error in my code, MaxIDE no longer seems to open up the relevant file and highlight the line. I've noticed through some sniffing around that LoadSound seems to be failing randomly, too,in that some sounds appear to be loading, while others do not, even though they're all approximately the same size and in the same format.

I've done all the usual rebuilding of modules but nothing has helped.

I've reverted back to Blitzmax 1.43, and everything's compiling again. Am I to just avoid version 1.45?

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#2]
Maybe the related problem with the last Xcode ?
I know mine work perfectly with v4.1 build 48110 but don't know if you can download old version of xCode (I guess...).

GfK(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have xcode 4.2 as that's what i needed to use for ios development.

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#4]
I read a few people here at Blitz having problem with xCode 4.2, so it's probably related.
Isn't it possible to install xCode 4.1 side by side with 4.2 ? I'm quite new to Mac Os, can't help you more sorry :(
Some where working on a solution before we widely update to 4.2 so perhaps in a next BlitzMax update or by trying BMK NG from Brucey, dunno...

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#5]
Kerblam! http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=96562

I was happy with latest BMax and XCode 4.1 on Lion but I recently upgraded to XCode 4.2 to ship Holiday Bonus on iOS, and suddenly BlitzMax 1.44 stopped compiling my framework modules. If I revert back to BMax 1.42 then full-screen mode doesn't work at all.

Key point: The Lion full-screen "kludge" (Mark's words) for BlitzMax 1.43 works with XCode 4.1 but not Xcode 4.2.

I really hope Mark/BRL can fix this as it's affecting more and more of the devs who are also doing iOS (via Unity or Monkey for example). Mostly the devs who are try to do this are also the ones who evangelise about Blitz products whenever they can (I know I do!)

GfK(Posted 2012) [#6]
Bugger.

Tachyon(Posted 2012) [#7]
Mark - I need this fixed.

GfK(Posted 2012) [#8]
Me too. Hate using old versions.

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#9]
Bumping this as I've been unable to compile on my Mac for over a month now :-(

Grey Alien(Posted 2012) [#10]
OK my problems appear to be resolved with BMax 1.45 (I had the issues with 1.44). Although reading the changes log I don't see any fixes related to this issue, so it's weird. Nothing else on my system changed...