[DWLab] 52 framework examples in single demo file

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/[DWLab] 52 framework examples in single demo file

Matt Merkulov(Posted 2012) [#1]
Almost any framework class, method or function have used in these examples which showing framework possibilities at the moment.

Download(1MB, Windows executable in zip archive)

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#2]
My gosh !
And a happy new year :D

Trying this right now. Feedback in a moment.

zeb(Posted 2012) [#3]
Great work Matt!!
if you put the source code of the examples would be perfect :D

Happy new year!!

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#4]
Very nice set of features, I like the sprite API a lot ! The tilemap seem's great too.

A few comments :

On sprite examples a few pixels from other frames appears on borders. We already discuss about that. It's probably the only think that feel cheap and put me off using your engine.
Do you use some kind of single atlas image with UV coordinates ? I read an advice recently that may help in this case : leave a one 0% Alpha pixel border around the sprite. Try that with the mario example and if you want I can test it for you on my configuration :)

One think I'm wondering too is about performances.
On some examples the FPS is around 150 Fps, which is good in a complete game but maybe a bit poor for examples. I guess it all depend on the way the engine's working. Does the FPS keep up to a solid 60 (or even more) on complete action games (with a few particles, sounds, lot of animations, layers, physics, etc.) ?

Anyway great piece of work !
I wish you great success with this new version :)

Last edited 2012

Matt Merkulov(Posted 2012) [#5]
to zeb:
Download DWLab full 1.4 release with source code for every example in separated file, documentation, source code for all examples packed in one file and source code for packer which packed them (it was intereresting task by the way).

to Armitage:
For every image first the whole pixmap will be loaded for determining its size for correct splitting. Then this pixmap will be passed to LoadAnimImage with correct frame size. Then image will be mid-handled. That's it. I'll try to fix this. I see you have Google account, so we can discuss this problem via GTalk - it would be best option.

I'll think about implementing fixed FPS rate.

Last edited 2012

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#6]
good examples!

Rixarn(Posted 2012) [#7]
Very good work Matt! Your framework is coming along very nicely!