Multiple arrays has stopped working in 1.45 :(

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Multiple arrays has stopped working in 1.45 :(

wad(Posted 2011) [#1]
here is a typical code for blitzmax 1.45 this worked perfectly in 1.44

Local stxl[17,2]

For i = 1 To 16
stxl [i,0] = 1

Next

what has changed ??

Lee B

Armitage 1982(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nha... It's working right here !?

Maybe you add superstrict somewhere ?

Did you try to write like this :
Local stxl:Int[17,2]

For Local i:Int = 1 To 16 
    stxl [i,0] = 1
Next

wad(Posted 2011) [#3]
hmmmmm its been working ok since 1.36 and now i have updated to 1.45 its stopped and i have not changed the code.

could it be something to do with the compiler ??

The main thing is the code does compile in build mode only then when i build and run it throws back the error message :

Unhandled Exception:Attempt to index array element beyond array length

but as you can see the code is not that complex only this afternoon i compiled the code with 1.44 and it worked a treat but then downloaded the 1.45 version and did as i was asked by uninstalling the previous version and then installed 1.45, and then just tried to recompile my program and i keep getting the error

wad(Posted 2011) [#4]
i will give your way a try and see if that rectifies it but it just seems odd that for the past 6 months i used it the other way with no probs

just thought i would add i am on a mac pro also but as i say again i did compile earlier on a mac also with 1.44

cheers

Lee B

wad(Posted 2011) [#5]
hmmmm interesting , i just tried your code armitage 1982 but that also has come up with the same error hmmmmmm something is not right here

just going to uninstall this version and go back to 1.44 and see

will let you know :)

Lee B

wad(Posted 2011) [#6]
sorted :)

some strange thing was happening on the mac with a certain folder but got rid of them and put the blitzmax folder in the applications folder and rebuilt documentation and this now works

Local stxl[17,2]

For i = 1 To 16
stxl [i,0] = 1

Next

very odd though , thanks for listening

Lee B