Widescreen graphics mode CRASH

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Widescreen graphics mode CRASH

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#1]
Mark,

I'm running three 27 inch monitors at 1920x1080 for a max resolution of 5760x1080. But, I am unable to set a resolution of 5760x1080 in either BlitzMax or Blitz3D. Can you please allow for this resolution?

Thanks,

Chroma

H&K(Posted 2011) [#2]
Print "Available graphics modes:"

For mode:TGraphicsMode=EachIn GraphicsModes()

Print mode.width+","+mode.height+","+mode.depth+","+mode.hertz

Next 

Post results pls

skidracer(Posted 2011) [#3]
Are all monitors connected to same device?

Have you tried OpenGL drivers for BlitzMax.

Is the resolution you are trying even returned by GraphicsModes command?

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#4]
What I'm wondering about is whether 5760 pixels wide is even supported *at all* by DirectX / OpenGL?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2011) [#5]
It would depend on the card, if it's a single card driving all three or has some kind of SLI thing connecting cards they may be able to share memory. But note that there is often a limit to the `maximum allowed texture size` which likely impacts the largest backbuffer size you're allowed also. Your card would have to virtualize the resolution across the three displays in order for it to think of it as a single screen with one res. Otherwise you might try opening a desktop window that big?

Last edited 2011

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#6]
I have an ATI 6970 2Gb card.

5760x1080 is definitely supported as I play lots of other games in super-widesceen. I'm unable to create a graphics context in that size.

It's using ATIs Eyefinity btw.

H&K(Posted 2011) [#7]
So the code snippet I pasted from the doc DEFIANTLY gave you 5760*1080 as a resolution in all/some of the graphics drivers?

Yes?no?Some?Which?

Chroma(Posted 2011) [#8]
Nah, haven't had time to test it yet. Will get back with you HK.