Xors3D TextureBlend

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Xors3D TextureBlend

Ifq200(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi All, i try to get the textureblend value from my loaded b3d file, but i cant get it to work, im new to Xors3D, anyone know howto make this work..

Local surface:Int = xGetSurface(mesh, 0)

Local brush:Int = xGetSurfaceBrush(surface)

Local btex:Int = xGetBrushTexture(brush, 1) ' second Texture layer

DebugLog xGetBrushBlend(btex) 'DebugLog:0

xTextureBlend(btex,2) 'This Actually works, but i still cant get xGetBrushBlend to return 2

DebugLog xGetBrushBlend(btex) 'DebugLog 0

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#2]
xTextureBlend(btex,2)

DebugLog xGetBrushBlend(btex)

You're setting the texture's blend to 2, but you're debugLogging the brush's blend mode.
Don't use xGetBrushBlend, use xGetTextureBlend if there is such a function.

Ifq200(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeahh but there is not such a function, xGetBrushTexture returns a brush with all the texture properties, like texturename filepath and such, i really dont know if it's possible at all in xors3d to get the texture blend mode.

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#4]
In that case you should try the Xors3D forums; you can deal directly with the engine's developer there.

http://area.xors3d.com/forums/

Ifq200(Posted 2011) [#5]
Just did, there must be a way to do this, thanks for your reply.

Ifq200(Posted 2011) [#6]
One last word, just got reply in the Xors area forum, and there is not a way to Get the textureblend value, i was told to keep track of things and store properties in field, well kind of hard when importing from b3d :) but i use a dummy and that works ok, would have been nice with a xGetTextureBlend..

Kryzon(Posted 2011) [#7]
The good thing is that the engine is always expanding, especially upon request. This kind of function is extremely easy to add (and is quite common, you always find "Set" and "Get" pairs as Yasha would tell you); also, take note of .Squid's post there:

I can add this function with ease.

So if you still want it, I think you just have to confirm that you really want it :)

See yas.

Last edited 2011