Community IDE build.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Community IDE build.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
posted this in the CE thread but its gone a day without a response , thinking that it's just not been noticed I am posting again here making it a little bit more visible..

In Short, I made the jump to download the CE source with the intention of building my own ide and making an important change to the way it saves files, well important to me at least.

When I build the IDE however something Odd happens with the TAD key, in the editor, when I try to indent code with tab, it only moves 1 space, it is creating the tab tho because if I copy and paste the code into another editor the tab is there, its just not being shown and tabbed/indented in the ide editor.

Anyone got any ideas ? lots of code to skim over and I dont have a clue where to start.

the code changes I made were to the save function only, so should not have any effect on the tabbing, but just to be sure I downloaded it again and built, and same issue, tabs not working. (by tabs I mean the indent of code not the erm well TABS lol)

skidracer(Posted 2011) [#2]
This is possibly due to new MaxGUI.

Try searching for the call to SetTextAreaTabs and replace the line with something like this:

Local charwidth=host.options.editfont.CharWidth(32)

SetTextAreaTabs textarea,host.options.tabsize*charwidth

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah that didnt work, did let me find the bit of code I need to fix tho.

I simply did this SetTextAreaTabs _textarea,10*options_code.tabsize as a temp patch to have working tabs, but as you can see it's not adjusting based on characters actual width.

I tried width=textside("A") but that threw up an null error. still working on it.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#4]
went with this..

Line 254 (or there abouts) in editor.bmx
SetTextAreaTabs _textarea,(options_editor.editstyle.font.size-3)*options_code.tabsize

Just grabs the font size and then tabs in based on that, with a slight mod to its value, it seems to scale up well with the fonts I tested it with, courier new and a proggy font, but it's not perfect, still it will do the job for now and will let me now switch to my modded CE IDE.

thanks for the help m8.