Maximus and minib3d

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Maximus and minib3d

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#1]
I booted up Maximus today, after doing a fresh install of the most upto date max, the purpose being to use maximus to manage all of my modules, but even though minib3d is in the list, I cant seem to get it to install.

The install button wont light up. rather annoying, it does it with a few others as well but thankfully minib3d was the only one that I actually wanted that didnt work.

Any ideas?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Just install it manually?

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#3]
You can't just select the modscope (axe3d), you've got to select axe3d.minib3d. If that still doesn't light up the install button please give some specs about your system (OS, etc.).

Aside from the GUI there's also a command line client. Just type: maximus install axe3d.minib3d and it should download and install minib3d as well.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#4]
I was trying to install sidesign minib3d I thought that was the official one, is the axe one the one everyone is using ??

Got me confused now as I didnt realize there was more than one.

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#5]
The sidesign modscope is registered in the Maximus database but doesn't contain anything.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#6]
Ahh so there is nothing in it, so is the Axe one the official one then or .....

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#7]
Yeah I think so. The axe3d modscope is automatically updated when updates to the SVN repository are being detected. No clue why they're no(t) (longer) in the sidesign modscope anymore.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#8]
Ah thanks m8.

I wish they would add descriptions of these modules in the GUI, looking at some of the names its hard to work out what they actually do without installing them and then reading the code.

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#9]
Yup, but until someone clames their modscope (most are managed by a general Maximus account) I don't see that happening anytime soon. Aside from that it still beats the crap out of manually downloading the modules :-).

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2011) [#10]
Yeah it is way better, has there been any effort made to contact the mod owners and see if they would indeed claim and take over ?

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#11]
So far I've only announced it in the forums and on the frontpage. Haven't really had to time to contact each and every module author. My main goal was to have a centralized repository of BlitzMax modules, and that one has been reached. So far Maximus fits my needs :-). It would be nice if some of the authors would claim ownership, but I can't force anyone.