Small stability update for BLIde available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Small stability update for BLIde available

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#1]
A small stability update for BLIde Plus SP1 is available to all BLIde Plus Users.

For newcomers, BLIde Plus is a Windows BlitzMax IDE that provides many features for authoring, modifying, compiling, deploying and debugging games and applications written in BlitzMax. It also provides a complete intellisense system, code folding, and a long list of useful features. For more information see here: http://www.blide.org and here: http://www.blide.org/?page_id=357

This is the small changelog:

BLIde version 11.11.0801 SP1

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the "Clear List" from the recent solutions menu to no clear its contents properly.

[*] Fixed a relocation handling bug for files with TLS callbacks on the Publisher.

[*] Fixed an incorrect error message caused by a bug in relocation handling on Publihser.

[*] Better icon compression handling in Publisher

[*] Fixed a compatibility issue that could make BLIde crash when used on an older version of the .net framework

[*] Fixed a compatibility issue that could make BLIde crash when used on a computer that had a different version of the SandDock framework in the .net 2.0 GAC

Another update is about to come very very soon, more details soon...

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#2]
Nice to see some update for BlitzMax Blide :)

Armitage 1982(Posted 2011) [#3]
Updated !
Working !
Using it :)

Thanks a lot for the update :)

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#4]
Love this Update, now I can use the Publisher again =)

skn3(Posted 2011) [#5]
W00t thanks for the update!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
I've just found a screenshot of first version of BLIde that compiled properly in (I think) 2004. I think some of current BLIde users will enjoy taking a look to how first alpha pre-release version of BLIde looked like,

Six (or more?) years ago:
Screenshot here

A more modern screenshot:

Last edited 2012

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#7]
WAW !!
The first alpha was really simple and non-ergonomic. It's great to see how cool a project can become if you stick to it for several years !

This IDE really deserve A+, can't use BlitzMax without it seriously (which is good and very bad at the same time...).

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#8]
Hi to everybody!

A small stability update for BLIde Plus is available.

This is the small changelog:

BLIde version 12.02.1401 SP1
[*] Fixed an issue that could make several instances of BLIde read the same BLIF file, producing a streaming error that could cause a crash at BLIde start-up.

[*] Implemented an improved secure multithread file access to BLIde file handling system (based on current Jungle Ide system)

[*] Improved the time required by BLIde to generate a portable environment

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash on a find and replace operation

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when saving a solution that had disposed documents after a very complex chain of file renaming

Update as always, Help / check for BLIde updates. It should detect the update automatically unless you've disabled the automatic check at BLIde startup.

Enjoy!

Last edited 2012

jkrankie(Posted 2012) [#9]
I really love Blide, but one thing it's definitely missing for me is version control built in. Any chance?

Cheers
Charlie

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#10]
@jkrankie: I need to improve some serialization areas first, such as the separation between user options on solutions from solutions structures, so it merges better. I'm at it, and hope to have some improvements on this area on the next update, that should not delay a lot. then, it'll play a lot nicer with version control systems. In the other hand, I think the best option would be to add a sort-of scriptable batch system, so people can use any version control system. some like mercurial, some like svn, some like github, others use plain-old server-backup using live mesh or dropbox, etc. It deppends on the size of the team... I don't think supporting all available options is viable, but a more generic system that could be used both in BLIde and on Jungle Ide, could be very "sexy".

jkrankie(Posted 2012) [#11]
Cool! Sounds great :)

Cheers
Charlie

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#12]
New update available 12.03.0501 SP1
This is the changelog:
BLIde version 12.03.0501 SP1

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when a bad formed regex expression was introduced in the regex compiler on a find and replace operation.

[*] Modified the way BLIde handles unmanaged projects user options. This new version does save all document status (open/not open, cursor pos, bookmarks, etc) on a separated document, so BLIde can play a lot nicer with version control system, when working on unmanaged solutions.

To get it, just go to Help / Check for BLIde udpdates. (or restart BLIde if you do have the "check for blide udpates at startup" option enabled)

The new way user options are stored on a per-project basis has been designed in a way that it is backwards compatible with older BLIde versions. To do so, current BLIdeUS files do contains a default "fake" user options that defaults to all documents closed, unsplitted, no bookmarks, etc. That's the best way to make BLIdeUS files smaller and easier to merge on version control systems.
All in all, to benefit from this new serialziation schema on your unmanaged solutions, just remove any "*.blpo" file from your repositories and you should be good. This files do only contain local user project options such as eich documents are tabbed and which not, cursor location, slipt view of each document on/off, folding serailization status, etc. There's no need to keep all this syncronized on multicoder projects, and there's no reason to be suffering never ending merge operations.

Enjoy!

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#13]
Another small stability update available:
BLIde version 12.04.2101 SP1 (Quick fix)

Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when entering exponencial arithmetic notation with non-integer parts and the smart code formatter was enabled.

Cleared a small mem leak in the GDI implementation of the BLIde text renderer, as the Garbage Collector could be too slow to collect some already free GDI resources.

Zeke(Posted 2012) [#14]
thanks

Armitage 1982(Posted 2012) [#15]
Hi Ziggy

Would it be possible to add a parameters in Blide so the absolute path of the file is visible from the title bar ?

Because I'm currently working on many files with equal names but different paths and it's easy to do mistakes by writing in the wrong one.
It's not a bad habit, I'm just updating a module ;)