CocoaExt Compiling Problem

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/CocoaExt Compiling Problem

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#1]
(Repost from here.)

I'm using d-bug's CocoaExt module, but after updating to BlitzMax 1.44b, I've run into a problem: after the update, I tried to rebuild my modules, but I get the following error message:
In file included from /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.main.m:361:
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.window.h: In function 'cocoaextNSBeginWindowQuickLook':
/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.window.h:43: error: 'nsgadget' has no member named 'text'
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/chaos.mod/cocoaext.mod/common/cocoaext.main.m

I'm still using MacOS X 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6 (the latest I can use). Has CocoaExt at some time stopped working after one update or the other without me noticing it? That would suck, since I'm using several of it's functions in my programs.

Help? Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited 2011

ima747(Posted 2011) [#2]
FYI you can use XCode 4.x if you like on 10.6.8, you just need the snow leopard distro not the lion one. I just get mine for the apple dev center. Getting XCode from the store is nothing but a nightmare since they distribute it as a disc image, not an actual update on top of the silly tax reasons that make them charge when it's free if you do direct download...

What version of cocoaext are you using? I'm assuming the one I have is old since it doesn't have the same structure as your error log would indicate, but mine works fine for what I use it for... maybe there's an update, or an older one you could try?

d-bug(Posted 2011) [#3]
woops, I've answered the wrong thread! Really chaotic shit here. :)

Last edited 2011

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#4]
FYI you can use XCode 4.x if you like on 10.6.8, you just need the snow leopard distro not the lion one.

I'm not a Developer Program member, so I only have the choice to get Xcode 4.x for Lion via the App Store or Xcode 3.2.6 for Snow Leopard.

woops, I've answered the wrong thread! Really chaotic shit here. :)

No sweat. I reposted this here since it seemed that the right persons (that is: you ;) ) didn't notice the thread in the other forum.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#5]
You can sign up for adc as a free member and get access to the Xcode distorts along other things, just can't submit to any app stores or get official support direct from apple unless they've changed the rules recently...

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#6]
You can sign up for adc as a free member and get access to the Xcode distorts along other things, ...

I am a free member. You have to be a paid member to get Xcode 4 for Snow Leopard.

ima747(Posted 2011) [#7]
http://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Says you can download XCode 4 for free there... I don't have a free level account to confirm.

Last edited 2011

DrDeath(Posted 2011) [#8]
Says you can download XCode 4 for free there... I don't have a free level account to confirm.

Indeed, you can. For Lion. Via the App Store.