OOP and Blitz

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/OOP and Blitz

Jayjay(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi All

This may seem a bit Random but it is something that really interests me and no doubt many others.

Firstly I would like to point out that the OOP in Blitzmax is fantastic.I also think Purebasic is great for building business (non game) apps and is very powerful in its own right.

However PB does not support OOP which is a HUGE downfall in my opinion.

I then started thinking that if the coders of Blitzmax made another Blitz language with a visual designer and OOP they would have a VERY VERY serious product on their hands that would out sell all other basic languages in my opinion....Any chance coders?????

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#2]
http://jsp.logiczone.de/

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#3]
PUREBASIC does have PureObject(PureBasic OOP support) as you could google it yourself such as "will purebasic have OOP?" and you will see the result!

BlitzMax doesnt even have Pointer where purebasic does!

p.s. I dont want get into BlitzMax vs Purebasic threads as I got them both :)

Last edited 2011

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#4]
Except Blitzmax does have pointers. And passing objects to functions by reference is the same thing but under another name.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#5]

Have you ever used Blitzmax?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#6]

Have you ever used Blitzmax?

Yes but I didn't know BlitzMax can do pointers!

Galaxy613(Posted 2011) [#7]
Brucey uses pointers a lot with his modules and has worked so long with BlitzMax that to him it would seem common place. But that isn't true for many others.. I cannot recall the last time I used pointers in BlitzMax. But they are surely there.

Last edited 2011

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#8]

I think giving random and inaccurate statements about a language is not conducive to making a good argument.

H&K(Posted 2011) [#9]
Pure has OOP the same way B3D has oop.

(And if you dont believe b3d has oop then ha)

There is a PDF somewhere on how to oop in b3d

Its more of a stylistic pyridine than a Full oop language implimentaion

Last edited 2011

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#10]
wrong thread

Last edited 2011

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#11]
H&K's post is 2 days ago and JoshK's post is 4 days ago, weird!

Galaxy, good point. I very rarely use pointers. Brucey makes a lot of modules which use C++ code so I guess he does need a lot of pointers ;)