Leadwerks Engine 2.43 Evaluation Kit Released

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Leadwerks Engine 2.43 Evaluation Kit Released

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#1]
The Leadwerks Engine 2.43 evaluation kit is now available.

This demo will allow you to program Leadwerks Engine directly in BlitzMax, and try the engine tools for 30 days. Leadwerks Engine is written in BlitzMax and distributed as a standard BlitzMax module.

Installation for BlitzMax

After Installing the evaluation kit, copy the contents of the folder "C:\Leadwerks Engine SDK\BMX" to your BlitzMax installation directory ("C:\BlitzMax"). To import the Leadwerks Engine module just add this to the top of your BlitzMax code file:
Framework leadwerks.engine

System Requirements

Minimum:
Windows 7, Vista, or XP
NVidia GEForce series 7000 or ATI Radeon series 3000 graphics card (Shader Model 3)
1.0 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM

Recommended:
Windows 7, Vista, or XP
NVidia GEForce 8800 or ATI Radeon 3870 graphics card (Shader Model 4)
3.0 GHz CPU
2 GB RAM

Before installing, please ensure your graphics drivers for NVidia and ATI cards are up to date. Intel integrated graphics chips are not supported.

Documentation
The Leadwerks command reference is available here. You can also get BlitzMax documentation in the community wiki.

About Leadwerks
Founded in 2006, Leadwerks provides cutting-edge 3D game development tools at an affordable price. By providing amazing technology that's easy to use, Leadwerks empowers game developers, 3D artists, and architects to bring their 3D ideas to reality. With over 10,000 customers worldwide, Leadwerks has earned a loyal customer base and developed proprietary technologies that are now being leveraged to build even more amazing 3D game development tools for PC, Mac, and mobile platforms.

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#2]
Is there road tutorials on how to do it ? :)

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#3]
Here's information on creating roads:
http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/Documentation/le2/_/user-guide/editor/special-entities/road-node-r508

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#4]
thanks Joshk :)

col(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi JoshK.
I get an error when trying to load 'Editor' and 'Material Editor'. The window appears with the pic of a forest area, then I get an error message with windows complaining that Editor.exe/Material Editor.exe has stopped working with the usual 'Check online...' or 'Close the program' window. I checked the Editor.log file and its completely empty. The other programs seem to work ok in that they load and don't crash.

An extract from the ModelViewer log about my system :-

Leadwerks Engine 2.43
Initializing Renderer...
OpenGL Version: 2.1.8501 Release
GLSL Version: 1.20
Render device: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
DrawBuffers2 supported: 1
16 texture units supported.
GPU instancing supported: 1
Max batch size: 32
Shader model 4.0 supported: 1
Conditional render supported: 0

Sony Vaio VGN-FW31M

Just for info - your log shows this laptop supports ShaderModel4.0, but its VERY limited at 4.0 but fully supports V3.0 at a respectable pace for a laptop.

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#6]
Please check for newer drivers for your graphics card. Your graphics card will work because we have developers with identical cards, but you will need to find drivers directly from ATI because the ones that ship with your laptop do not work:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

col(Posted 2011) [#7]
Double post.

Last edited 2011

col(Posted 2011) [#8]
Strange! I'm always up-to-date with drivers ( and always telling everyone else to keep theirs up-to-date too!! ).

EDIT :- Downloaded the 'correct' driver manually and using auto-selection ( gives me the same file ), but I get an error saying it doesnt support my GFX card. lol.

I'll try others from the same site.

Last edited 2011

col(Posted 2011) [#9]
None of them work. They either 'hang' during installation or report the card isnt supported. I've always had problems trying to install 3rd party gfx drivers, so I've stuck with the manufacturers ones that are stuck in 2009, due to not having much choice ! I've had the laptop from new.

Last edited 2011

Hotshot2005(Posted 2011) [#10]
When I started making road from the beginning then when come to end of the road as I want link two road together to make look like circle but I just couldnt finished the road...

Do you know how link the road together in the end?

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#11]
Do you know how link the road together in the end?

Yes. Click on one road node, then hold the mouse and drag until you get the mouse over the road node you want to connect it to, and let go of the mouse to link the nodes.

None of them work. They either 'hang' during installation or report the card isnt supported. I've always had problems trying to install 3rd party gfx drivers, so I've stuck with the manufacturers ones that are stuck in 2009, due to not having much choice ! I've had the laptop from new.

You might try this:
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER&PRODTYPE=1,24,26,66,9,70,5,72&template_id=1&region_id=1

LE3 will run on anything, but unless you get working drivers, it will just fall back to OpenGL1 rendering.

col(Posted 2011) [#12]
It just refers me back to the European Sony site. Like I say, I have the latest drivers from them but they are from 2009.

I'm quite surprised as you obviously have a solid product and this isn't exactly a 'cheap' laptop.

I've tried many times before with 3rd party drivers and when I saw your first link I was really pleased with that latest update, but unfortunately this laptop is still not playing ball :-(

Hardcoal(Posted 2014) [#13]
Since Xors3D is totaly dead im concidering moving to leadwerks engine.
But is there a module available for that?
if so where can i get it.. cheers.

any other recommended engine alternative? (I also need physics)

JoshK(Posted 2014) [#14]
We no longer support BlitzMax, since it does not appear to be BRL's main focus anymore. Programming is done with C++ and Lua:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/251810

If that changes in the future, I will be the first to promote BlitzMax, or a new language with similar capabilities.

Hardcoal(Posted 2014) [#15]
Ok josh. Tnx..