Most Recent Physics Wrappers?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Most Recent Physics Wrappers?

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#1]
I've been looking through the forums for the last hour or so to try and find which physics lib to play with, and I've found ODE, Newton, ppIsaac etc, however the posts relating to them are tears old (ie. Leadwerks Newton Mod that I found was 4yrs ago, for v1.53).

Can anyone tell me if there even are any that are recent and decent state?

I don't mind if it's 2D or 3D, I just want to have a play, but before I start hacking together bits of stuff from years old code, I was wondering if I was just missing something.

Of course it could be that those old versions are stable and work fine - but where do I get them?

Thanks in advance.

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#2]
Just to update, I've found the Chipmunk and Box2D mods by Brucey, and I've got the ppIsaac demo, all three seem OK, but I haven't played much.

I've also just seen the JV-ODE wrapper has a bmax demo, so will get that later and have a look.

Any suggestions on the 3D Physics Wrapper front are welcome! :)

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#3]
Anyone have anything recent working in Bmax using Newton or Tokamak? (Using miniB3D/Irrlicht etc)

Last edited 2011

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#4]
Does it have to be a wrapper? There's also PhysLite.

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2011) [#5]
Doesn't have to be a wrapper mate, just anything that works with max.

I'll have a look at PhysLite (but I'll probably try the free ones first) but it just struck me as odd that max has such a lack of 3d physics libs given the amount for b3d, and that minib3d etc exists so shouldn't be too hard to convert I would have thought.

But what do I know? :)

I have a few Tokamak demos running in max after I converted the .decls from the b3d lib, they don't run perfectly by any means, but it's a start.

Last edited 2011

Difference(Posted 2011) [#6]
warners excellent 3d engine supports newton out of the box (AFAIK)

http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=94606#1087602