ship space engine flame

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ship space engine flame

hub(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello !

I need your help to achieve my game player ship.
You can see the imagestrip here :

Now i need a nice space engine animated flame effect (note than i don't want include it inside the previous imagestrip).

How to produce it ? i need a fast code or a way to produce a nice imagestrip. ! (one flame).

This should be cool if i can increase the flame length when the player ship accelerate !

Many thanks for your code or gfx production. Yes i know that i should do this myself but i've already try. No success. I've a lot of work for this project. And without you i think that i don't add a flame !

Many thanks !

Last edited 2011

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
Get TimelineFX.

hub(Posted 2011) [#3]
Thanks GFK but my code is open source. So i can't use the TimelineFX code inside...

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
Thanks GFK but my code is open source. So i can't use the TimelineFX code inside...
You can still use it.

First off, the TimelineFX Blitzmax Module is free, so you could easily provide a link of where to download it.

If that doesn't float your boat, then the TimelineFX Editor (which isn't free) can be used to create particle effects, then render them out to sprite sheets for use with LoadAnimImage().

I've used TimelineFX on my last two projects now and it saves me months of work.

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#5]
TimelineFX is the dogs dangly bits... Its a must have for anyone making games in Blitzmax!

And if someone says it isnt, tell me their names and I'll go around to their house and chuck hard boiled eggs at them (Baring in mind, they'll still be in the pan)

Dabz

hub(Posted 2011) [#6]
i agree great software. i've not enought money to buy TimelineFX. My project is a freeware. i've already pay for the music this month. This without have a job. Hope somebody here could understand that and afford me a free alternative. Thanks !

Dabhand(Posted 2011) [#7]

i agree great software. i've not enought money to buy TimelineFX. My project is a freeware. i've already pay for the music this month. This without have a job. Hope somebody here could understand that and afford me a free alternative. Thanks !

I 'think' you've missed the point a little (Excuse me if I have. lol)

But the TimelineFX module is free, you can download it right now and include it in your apps:-

http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=25

There are tons of emittors that Rigzy has made for free which you can download and use:-

http://www.rigzsoft.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41&Itemid=24

Amount spent... A big fat zero!

Dabz

Last edited 2011

hub(Posted 2011) [#8]
Many thanks. i finally use lightwave (particles) to create an animstrip.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#9]
Many thanks. i finally use lightwave (particles) to create an animstrip.
*raises an eyebrow*

Thought you were broke?

Matt Vinyl(Posted 2011) [#10]
LOL!

Thanks for the pointers to TimelineFX though - the editor will be my next purchase!

I'll freely admit that my graphic prowess is far better than my coding (at least at the moment), but I've often struggled with particulate effects. Right, where's my Visa card... :)

hub(Posted 2011) [#11]
Sorry Gfk for my poor english knowledge. I don't understand your reply.

Note that i've already the lightwave licence but no more money today because i lose my job.