Quick question

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Quick question

Sanctus(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hey guys.
I've been a blitzmax user for quite a long time now (4-5 years).
While working on different projects (btw it's great for doing freelancing on small applications) I started to write modules so I won't write some things again:

Filepacker - along with a packing application.
Filerequester - for requesting more than one file.
Interface - a lite but quite powerful interface module for casual games.
Lzma - for for encryption. (I used this in the filepacker)
MathUtility - some extra math functions that might come in handy
Md5 - digesting for strings. Useful for passwords.
ObjectUtility - provides functions for saving loading objects to streams by the use of reflection.
Pathfinder - normal path-finding on a grid using A*
PropertyGrid - Still in progress - A C# like property grid that updates any object (using reflection) as the data is modified. The contentments of the grid are also added via reflection so the user just has to say propertyGrid.SetObject(obj)
ResourceManager - A simple but good enough resource managements system that has proven to be very useful. This also works flawless with the filepacker.
Screen - Management for the game screens which also works well with the interface module.
Sprite - This packs the sprites into on file reducing the size (by using the anchor system) and saves animation information. This also comes with an editor program.

As you can see many of these are actually useful and could speed up the process of the game development.
I was thinking that these are really nice and maybe someone else could use them but I wouldn't really give them away for free.
So if I were to write documentation and examples for each and giving good support on them would anyone buy them for like 15-20$? I'm thinking this is quite a reasonable amount knowing that I spent a lot of time developing these and that they are as far as I know bug-free.

EDIT: There are a few more modules but they are not well tested nor very useful yet.
SECOND EDIT: Just so there is no misunderstanding when I say 15-20$ I mean for all of the modules not just for one piece

Last edited 2011

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#2]
I'm interested in the interface module. Could you provide more info, particularly screenshots of this module? If it suited my needs I would consider purchasing it, but I have the free frygui and cegui modules too, so it would need to be something special for me to pay $20. But if it suited my needs better than those modules, I'd consider $5-10.

Sanctus(Posted 2011) [#3]
Sure. I'm waiting for the graphics of my upcoming game to be done as it uses that interface. When I get that and I implement it I'll post it on youtube and share a link :).
And just to make sure you didn't get this wrong: When I said 15-20$ I meant for all of the modules not just for one piece.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#4]
In that case I would definately consider purchasing!

Sanctus(Posted 2011) [#5]
I found out it's going to take a while for the art to be finished so I'm going to make a demo when I get home (at work now).
Also last night I started revamping the PropertyGrid to look nicer and support new types of data. I'm also glad that it's now 100% extensible so you can easily add a new type of data by just extending a type and writing a few methods(example will be given).
Still I'd like it if a few more people would comment on this as writing proper documentation on this will take time.
I'd also like to know if you guys feel like the something like this needs a procedural interface or if the types themselves are good enough.