BLIde SP1 released

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde SP1 released

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#1]
The First Service Pack for BLIde Plus is available to be downloaded!

For newcomers, BLIde Plus is a Windows BlitzMax IDE that provides many features for authoring, modifying, compiling, deploying and debugging games and applications written in BlitzMax. It also provides a complete intellisense system, code folding, and a long list of useful features. For more information see here: http://www.blide.org and here: http://www.blide.org/?page_id=357

This is the resumed changelog of the SP1:

[*] BLIde now integrates a new GUI rendering engine that integrates a lot better with current system specific settings

[*] Improved parsing speed of big files.

[*] Multithread parsing added to all advanced parsers (BlitzMax, C#, JavaScript, Html, etc.)

[*] Improved all the search and replace internals. Now BLIde takes the current caret scope into account to prevent undesired code "jumps"

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde throw a CSC.EXE error after a big update of the whole IDE in some computers

[*] Upgraded all the auto-updating system to a new one that does not rely any more in the Windows Installer framework

[*] BLIde will now remember original location between installs/updates operations

[*] Removed a small memory leak on the source code renderer

[*] Fixed an issue on the bug analyzer that was parsing wrong some multiline If sentences, when some boolean operators were used in their unary form under very rare code structures

[*] Improved load time of managed solutions

[*] Improved package-based setups, so upgrades (from SP1) are smaller and consume less bandwidth

[*] Improved permissions handling under computers with UAC enabled. BLIde should now detect it and inform if any permission action is required for the current BlitzMax installation to work properly

[*] Improved internal HTML renderer. Now BLIde will use Internet Explorer 8 or 9 if pressent in the target computer, so it's more secure and faster.

[*] Fixed an issue that could leave a unmanaged solution file (BLIdeUS) in a corrupted state due a permissions issue in the Microsoft implementation of the XML file support.

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash after a regular update if some old dlls had been placed in the global assembly cache by the .net NGen utility.

[*] All BLIde .net assemblies are now strong signed.

[*] All BLIde assemblies are now .net 4.0 compatibles (but will use .net 2.0 as their default compiler to facilitate portability when it is available).

[*] Reduced memory usage and GDI resources and handles

[*] BLIde engine has been modified to support most of the system accesibility settings.

Several of the changes in the change-log are just small summary of bigger changed. All in all, the whole updating system, the text rendering system, and the GUI framework have been updated to make BLIde faster, more standard and more stable.

IMPORTANT: Please, take into account that the update process is a bit long, you'll be redirected to download and install a SP1 setup utility, then this utility will download and execute the BLIde SP1 set-up. This has to be done in two steps to allow all the internal update of the installation system.

Also, please notice that once the SP1 is installed and running, you'll have an entry in the Add/Remove programs called "BLIde SP1 Installer". It is safe to delete uninstall this once the process has been completed successfully.

In case you prefer to manually install BLIde SP1, uninstall current BLIde Plus installation, and download latest version from the customer's section of the BLIde website.

Hope you find it useful.

Last edited 2011

Rick_72(Posted 2011) [#2]
Crashing on my machine (win7) at startup without telling a reason why. Version 2601 works smooth.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#3]
Fix schedulled for some minutes. Just a very minnor issue regarding a semaphore. It's been already fixed, just give me some minutes to update the server...

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#4]
Fix commited. Please update BLIde in order to get the fix. If you can't start BLIde, go to BLIde setup folder and run "BLIdeUpdater.exe". You can also get the fix as a complete setup from the customer's section of the BLIde website.

EDIT: Thanks to GreyAllien for helping me find this one!

Last edited 2011

Rick_72(Posted 2011) [#5]
Runs like a charm now! Thanks ziggy!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#6]
Small update available (version 11.04.2101 SP1)

BLIde version 11.04.2101 SP1

[*] Fixed an ussue that was making the Solution Explorer window not to follow Windows DPI font scalling for people with accesibility needs.

[*] Added an option to "Close all other tabs" on the right click tabs menu

[*] Added an option to "Close all tabs" on the rick click tabs menu

[*] Improved text rendering speed on the editor window

[*] Some small text parsing improvements from the CK-IDE framework have been implemented on BLIde

beanage(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thanks!

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#8]
BLIde Plus update available

This is the changelog:

BLIde version 11.05.0401 SP1

[*] Fixed an ussue that was making the Project Dependencies Tree window not to follow Windows DPI font scalling for people with accesibility needs.

[*] Fixed a localization issue that was making BLIde show some dialogs in the wrong languageFixed a serialization issue that was making BLIde serialize some numerals in non-english decimal notation, and this could cause some incompatibilities between BLIde installations.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Print Preview dialog to show the wrong icon

[*] Fixed a very irritating issue that was making autocompletion box to be case sensitive always, while it should be only on case sensitive languages such as C#, ANSI C, etc.

jkrankie(Posted 2011) [#9]
[*] Fixed a very irritating issue that was making autocompletion box to be case sensitive always, while it should be only on case sensitive languages such as C#, ANSI C, etc.

Thank God! That's been driving me INSANE for the last week! I kept getting localtime_ instead of Local!

Cheers
Charlie

GfK(Posted 2011) [#10]
That one's been doing my head in but I couldn't figure out why it was happening! Thx for the update!

[edit] Just tried several times to download the update from your site and I get this error after login:
The web page at http://www.blide.org/plus/blide-plus-11-05-0401-SP1.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 15 (net::ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED): Unknown error.

[edit] Oh... just tried again and it worked...?

Last edited 2011

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#11]
I think the server was undergoing maintenance and maybe it was not attending requests for some minutes. It should be up and running now.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#12]
Small update released. This is an stability update, so updating is highly recommended.

Changelog:

BLIde version 11.05.1601 SP1

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Print routines to make a bad calculation of lines off-set, avoiding some lines of source code when a document was printed on some paper size configurations.

[*] Fixed an important stability issue with the "Replace All" function that could break a managed project internal dependencies refractoring. This has been fixed with the help of Marko Nikolic

[*] Fixed an issue with the BLIde Traveller automatic portable generation code, that could be generating a not MinGW capable version when MinGW was not properly configured in the host machine

[*] Reduced slightly the memory footprint of the source code rendering engine.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#13]
Hi all,
small update available:

BLIde version 11.08.1001 SP1

[*] Integrated the new CK-IDE error handler that gives BLIde users a way to automatically send bug reports (including crash logs) whenever BLIde crashes. This is automatic (optional) and facilitates users to inform on any BLIde stability issue whenever a crash happens.

[*] Fixed an issue that could crash BLIde when a help document was requested in very specific configurations

This is just a small fix with an additional feature, I'm releasing a bigger update soon with several improvements in the debugger.

EDIT: Also, you can get latest FontMachine editor version from the customer's seciton of the website. It has had some bugfixing and it is now also compatible with the Monkey version of the fontmachine module.

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#14]
Ziggy, when documentation for a module hasn't been build yet, but the help index has been rendered already a newly documented module won't show up. I'll have to restart BLIde to be able to see it in the list.

I don't think it used to do this. Could you fix this some time?

PS: I've sent you a couple of mails a few weeks ago. Care to answer? Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#15]
@Htbaa: Hi, I've just checked for your email address and I have 2 emails from you in my spam folder! Sorry, I'll replay to them later. I hadn't seen them. To the newly documented module, I think I don't get exactly what you mean, can you elaborate a bit more the description of the issue?

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#16]
Got your replies, thanks. Will reply to them soon.

Steps to reproduce the problem described above:

1. Make sure you have a module of which the documentation hasn't been generated. For ease of use, delete doc/commands.html from a module.

2. Go to Help > Blitzmax Help & User Guide (which shows the index on the right with the 3rd party modules)

3. Go to the module builder and build the documentation for the module you're missing (from step 1)

4. Close the Help tab and reopen it (step 2). The index won't be refreshed. Only way to get this done is to restart BLIde.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#17]
@Htbaa: Ok, thanks! I'll fix this for the next update.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#18]
New update available:
BLIde version 11.08.15 SP1

[*] Fixed a unhandled exception when a paste operation was performed on the console window, when an application was running, and the contents of the clipboard had no text equivalent.

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when restoring the Find and Replace preferences when the Find and Replace serialized data has been corrupted in disk becouse a hard system failure.

[*] Fixed a small issue that was making BLIde restore its location and size before setting the font DPI scaling, so the IDE window could not be storing properly its screen location between runs.

[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when reloading an already disposed document, after a very concrete chain of open/close operations.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the ESC and ENTER buttons to not work as a standarized form in the New file dialog.

This is just a quickfix release. More small fixes (including Htbaa one) to come very very soon.

Last edited 2011

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#19]
Glad to see the ESC button bug has been fixed :-).

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#20]
Hi Ziggy, as this thread is about BLide I just wanted to ask, will there ever be a trial version of BLide Plus?

I have been using the lite version and would really like to see how much the plus version adds, a 30 day trial would be great. Not being able to try the Plus version really puts me off. Will you ever consider this?

Another thing I would like to see is an option to buy both BLide Plus and Jungle IDE together for a slight discount. Do you see this as a possibility for the future?

Jason.

Last edited 2011

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#21]
QuickSilva: See http://www.blide.org/?p=22 for a detailed list that compared the free and Plus edition.

kiami(Posted 2011) [#22]
The comparison chart is still difficult for detecting what a Plus version would give to a Blitzmax users.

kiami(Posted 2011) [#23]
Quicksilve,
For free version go to Blide's forum page. The front page is designed to be illusive.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#24]
@QuickSilva: Thanks for your interest on BLIde Plus. Consider BLIde Free the trial for BLIde Plus.
I currently have no plans to change the pricing / selling system anytime soon.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#25]
ziggy, do you plan to fix the bug where
Field afield:TMyType
selecting "jump to definition of TMyType" doesn't move from the current line? Thanks.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#26]
Yes I plan on improving this. I would not considere it a bug, but I'll be improving this very soon. I know it's been long requested, I haven't forgot!

Czar Flavius(Posted 2011) [#27]
Thank you! I greatly prefer the old behavior!

QuickSilva(Posted 2011) [#28]
@ ziggy :

Thanks for the reply. I can fully understand that you are happy with BLIde and want to leave the pricing\selling structure as it is.

I must say though that the way that you are selling JungleIDE is a much better way to go about it. Playing with the full program has completely sold me on wanting to buy a full copy, I believe that the same would happen if you did a similar thing with BLIde.

Jason.

wookie(Posted 2011) [#29]
Is it possible to mark tabs with unsaved content with "*" like in other editors? Now I don't know what file is unsaved.

Last edited 2011

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#30]
Is it possible to mark tabs with unsaved content with "*" like in other editors? Now I don't know what file is unsaved.

It does automatically.

EDIT: It is not being refreshed properly. I'll be solving this for the next update.

Last edited 2011