Intel AppUp and BlitzMax?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Intel AppUp and BlitzMax?

Devlin(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey guys. I'm thinking of selling the game i'm working on in the Intel AppUp Store.

Has anyone tried to integrate Intel's GUID/Validation code into their BlitzMax app with any success?

Stu_ovine(Posted 2010) [#2]
Yea I think I have a working DLL you can link too. I'll post it once its confirmed by the AppUp folks.

Its a generic DLL that you pass your debug or GUID ID too.

MikeHart(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yes please Stu, do that.

Devlin(Posted 2010) [#4]
Wonderful!

Out of curiousity, how easy is it to integrate?

From what i've heard it's just a bit of code at the beginning of your program and I liked the sound of that.

TMK(Posted 2011) [#5]
Awesome Stu! Any updates on this so far?

I'm also interested in checking out the Intel AppUp store :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yeah has anyone got any decent sales from it? Perhaps we should ask on Indiegamer.com

Last edited 2011

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#7]
Not to step on any toes, but isn't the outlook for netbooks poor? That seems to be what Intel's AppUp store is aimed at. Hasn't tablets carved out a huge chunk of sales?
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/2010-12-28-netbooks-predictions_N.htm

ima747(Posted 2011) [#8]
All the form factors and power levels are tripping over each other at this point, they're even starting to call things "mini tablets" instead of PMP's... there will be room for the ultra cheap laptop for quite some time, though their growth has been stunted pretty hard by tablets in general.

JoshK(Posted 2011) [#9]
I wouldn't put any effort into this until you have an idea of what you expect sales to be. Have you found any information on this?

Last edited 2011

SLotman(Posted 2011) [#10]
Anyone have success on submitting to this store? Is it worth it?

I had a quick look at their site, and they are demanding applications to be packaged with MSI installers, and code to be signed... and the only thing I can find on their site about the SDK for windows is a Visual Studio plugin?!