What ever happend to Triskell3d?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/What ever happend to Triskell3d?

GW(Posted 2010) [#1]
Is it dead? The website has been gone for a few weeks.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#2]
Alan lives in France and considering some of what is going on in France right now, he may have more important things to worry about.

GW(Posted 2010) [#3]
Some people rioting now in paris made his website go down weeks ago? That's absurd.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#4]
*sighs* You kids, just do not think. People are rioting over financial issues.

If Alan is having financial troubles or is affected by those who are, paying for web hosting would not be a top priority for normal people. In times like that, putting food on the table for your family is most important.

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#5]
*sighs* You kids, just do not think. People are rioting over financial issues.

If Alan is having financial troubles or is affected by those who are, paying for web hosting would not be a top priority for normal people. In times like that, putting food on the table for your family is most important.

I have to respectfully disagree with your reasoning (without sighing etc.). The riots/demonstrations are over a proposed pension reform. Even if Alan is close to being a pensioner (I seriously doubt it), this wouldn't have any impact on him yet.
Greece is in a far worse financial situation, I didn't see a wave of Greek websites going down!

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#6]
You should reread what I said. I didn't claim he was a pensioner. People have financial troubles without being a pensioner. Heck, his family (parents, etc.) could be having issues and he has to redirect some money for now.

Right now, Alan has people asking about him on the boards of the various programming languages he is supporting. Give the guy a break and shove your greedy little paws into your pockets. I am sure he has a good reason for the site going down.

It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape people get just because somebody is not working day and night non-stop to provide them something for free.

Last edited 2010

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#7]
Please calm down, there is no need to start insulting everyone yet another time.
You should reread what I said. I didn't claim he was a pensioner

I reread what you wrote and my answer still stands. This is what you said:

Alan lives in France and considering some of what is going on in France right now, he may have more important things to worry about.
and then...
People are rioting over financial issues.

As I said, they are actually rioting over the proposed two extra years before becoming pensioners. Your connection of the rioting with Alan's current financial situation has no substance.
Heck, his family (parents, etc.) could be having issues and he has to redirect some money for now.

Many things good or bad may or may have not have happened to him and his family. I personally can't know, hence I'm not going to make a random guess and post about it on a forum for everyone to discuss. These matters are private anyway. Of course we all hope he is well! Nobody attacked Alan!
On the contrary, GW merely expressed his interest in his project.
Give the guy a break and shove your greedy little paws into your pockets. I am sure he has a good reason for the site going down.

It's not greed to ask about a project that interest you, be it free or commercial. GW just asked if anyone knows what's happening, so your insults and attacks are way off!
It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape people get just because somebody is not working day and night non-stop to provide them something for free.
It never ceases to amaze me how certain people wearing the righteous mask will start preaching and offending randomly without any real reason. You are just looking for an excuse.

smilertoo(Posted 2010) [#8]
The average pension age in Eu is 65 and the frogs are rioting that theirs may be raised to 62. I'm surprised they havn't resorted to the old staples of blockading the ports to Britain and burning sheep.

Last edited 2010

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#9]
shove your greedy paws in your pockets

oh-oh here he is again

Last edited 2010

GfK(Posted 2010) [#10]
Oh, do get off your high-horse. He only asked a bloody question. The only person here getting out of his pram, is you.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#11]
What are you arguing about? This seems blitzmax.com 101... stop the crazytalk.

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#12]
wow.

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#13]
Your connection of the rioting with Alan's current financial situation has no substance.
I didn't, reread what I said. I said he could be having financial troubles. Believe it or not, that can happen to adults.

Many things good or bad may or may have not have happened to him and his family.
Exactly, unfortunately there are a select few who choose to drag him through the mud for not progressing fast enough on his project.

so your insults and attacks are way off!
In spite of the insults and attacks directed at me, I am still trying to get people to exercise some rationality and give the guy a break.

Relax, let the guy work on his engine the way and at the speed he chooses. :)

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#14]
Sorry, I am not going to be rereading over and over the same sentences until they will magically stop being connected with the riots in France and the current financial situation in the country.

Also, as everybody here has been telling you, there is no need to rationalize anyone, it's just a fair question by users genuinely interested on his work. Nobody is dragging anyone through the mud (except maybe you trying to drag the rest of us so that you feel better about your rational self?)

amonite(Posted 2010) [#15]
As far as i know the project is dead. Nothing to do with financial issues.