IfsoGUI (Taskmaster?)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/IfsoGUI (Taskmaster?)

GfK(Posted 2010) [#1]
Just tried to register and ask this on the ifsoGUI forums but I can't because "you MUST have an invitation code"?

Anyhoo....

Just tried the ifsoGUI demo, and got this from the Sample.bmx code (all files etc are in the right place):

Obviously, this isn't exactly "selling it to the back row"... so, what's wrong? Does it just not like Blitzmax 1.41? Is the full version like this too? It it still in development?

As an aside - why not let potential buyers post on your forum?

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#2]
Just tried to register and ask this on the ifsoGUI forums but I can't because "you MUST have an invitation code"?
Brilliant.

As to your bug question, I think this was answered the other day in this thread:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=92237#1050941

Last edited 2010

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yep, answered in the other thread. My website requires an invitation code because there were people from the Phillipines, India, Thailand, etc registering and spamming the forums. I have no idea why. If you read the top news item, it says you can email me for an invitation code.

And yes, the answer to that problem was posted in that other thread, the demo is only good to BlitzMax version 1.35 or something like that. The file download even says that in it's description. I guess that isn't enough warning, so I will remove the demo file.

Sorry for the confusion.

Note: This last edited text really needs to get automatically trimmed. I always have to edit two times to remove the extra lest edited text.

Last edited 2010

Corum(Posted 2010) [#4]
My website requires an invitation code because there were people from the Phillipines, India, Thailand, etc registering and spamming the forums. I have no idea why. If you read the top news item, it says you can email me for an invitation code.

Can't you manage users registration assigning them to a basic group and later allow to let them post new messages by moving to a proper group with proper rights?
For example, Joomla allows the auto-registration with a basic "registered" role, and then it's up to admins allowing them to insert contents at several levels.

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#5]
How will that keep people from signing up and posting spam in the forums?

If they can sign up, but not post, how would that have solved GFK's problem?

I really would like a solution to this problem. But,I really believe there are companies in these third world countries that actually hire people to just go around and create accounts on forums and spam them And somehow, my personal website ended up on the list of sites that they should try to spam every single day.

My log actually shows about 15 rejected attempts at registering every single day form the same IP blocks in the Phillipines, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...

Last edited 2010

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#6]
Anyway, I actually came here to post that I am creating a new version of the demo. It should be ready shortly, i will put it on my site and post a link here at the BlitzMax forums.

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#7]
I just built a new version of the demo. You can find it on my website http://www.ifso.net in the Public ifsoGUI Files in the download section, or a link to it can be found on the download page on the http://www.ifsogui.com website.

EOF(Posted 2010) [#8]
Demo works now Marcus. It's really nice to know that the standard Windows editing methods are in place. Do you also have support cut, copy, and paste?

Corum(Posted 2010) [#9]
My log actually shows about 15 rejected attempts at registering every single day form the same IP blocks in the Phillipines, Thailand, Pakistan, etc...

Couldn't you just ban that IP range?

Anyway, manual validation isn't that different from manual invitation but, from an admin's point of view, it's a cumulative task, and not a single e-mail to each individual.
i.e.: you log on your site as admin, check the pending requests, mark all the non-spammer people and click a big and fast submit button.

More: have you ever considered to enable moderation?
Actual site traffic is still manageable without a crew.
Being notified by e-mail and confirm publishing (maybe even by mail, without being logged into your site) could be the best solution in the short term.

EDIT: fixing some grammar (I hope) :)

Last edited 2010

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#10]
You can select text in the textbox and multiline textbox, and you can programatically determine what text is selected. But cut/copy/paste is not directly implemented, you would have to do it yourself.