Triskell3D

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Triskell3D

wmaass(Posted 2010) [#1]
Saw this in the gallery and took it for a test drive - pretty cool.

http://triskell3d.org/

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#2]
looks fairly new, i tried out out as well, i loved that terrain editor and demo. pretty nice. I did get a crash on one of the skeletal animation demos.

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#3]
Wow, didn't realize it's for Blitzmax, until I checked the screenshots.

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thank you for your comments.
The project begins to thicken, and to have some potential. Although it is expected that Bmax for the moment, it can easily adapt to most languages.

I did get a crash on one of the skeletal animation demos.
On exact number of sample have you had a crash? I am interested to correct the problem ;)

Thx

wmaass(Posted 2010) [#5]
Alan_, it is looking good!

I don't think anyone around here will mind if it is only for Bmax :)

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#6]
Very good

I love the terrain editor.....I have check all of them... running no problem....no crashing :)

My Pc spec laptop are

2GHZ
512MB Geforce 9600M GT
3GB Ram

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#7]

On exact number of sample have you had a crash? I am interested to correct the problem ;)

Ok it was number 05

I caused the crash when i moved the camera through the ground and attempted to look at the models from the ground up. before i can turn around i get a Exception Access Violation.

Couple questions for you Alan,

How hard would it be to allow Load meshes by supplying a bank instead of a filepath?

Also

Would it be possible to set Skeletal meshes up so you load then skeleton and then load the mesh on to it?

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#8]
@Hotshot2005: Thank you for your tests

@Leon Drake:

Thank you for the information on the example 5, I also have the problem, I can see where it comes from.

How hard would it be to allow Load meshes by supplying a bank instead of a filepath?

a bank, like a zip file ? Would you have an example?

Would it be possible to set Skeletal meshes up so you load then skeleton and then load the mesh on to it?

What is the objective ? To have one skelett and then apply it several different mesh ?
It may be possible under Ogre3D, but I do not know enough yet to say if Ogre is possible or not. But I dig the case.

(Sorry for my English very poor.)

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#9]
Ok i'll expand on those more,

For example If let's say I am making a patch for my game and i bundle all of the required files in some patch file or just some Archive format i make e.g. Unreals .U files. And i basically would rather extract the memory bank containing the file from my archive and load it rather than saving the memory bank to a file then loading it. e.g.

I'd prefer this
JAIQUA:TBank = LoadBank:TBank("jaiqua.mesh")
Global jaiqua1:TEntity = _LoadEntity(JAIQUA:TBank)

Instead of this
Global jaiqua1:TEntity = _LoadEntity("jaiqua.mesh")

IMO i prefer banks over exposing files to the filesystem, and since my game would dynamically update i don't want to use incbin.

On the Second part, If i have a character and i would like to swap out Armor, clothing, Heads or other bodyparts. I would like to have just the skeleton and then load a preskinned mesh onto the skeleton this way i can easily swap out the parts to change the look of my character.

I found i can easily do this in unity3d but i'd prefer to have a 3d engine on bmax that can do it. Currently i can emulate this in B3d by loading a B3d file that only contains a skeleton. Then i load a b3d mesh that contains the same skeleton and simply pass entityparent all the mesh's bones to the skeleton. So when i loadanimseq on the skeleton and play it, the child meshes also animate perfectly.

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#10]
For the first point: I think with the resource management function provided, it is possible to arrive a similar operation .
I'ts possible to load or unload dynamically all resources. It's possible to create groups on the resource, and when you
provide a path, all resources that are in are loaded into memory, and are therefore available. Alternatively, you can also
directly load zip package. Now, once the release version of Triskell3D available, I would return some items to enhance and
complement, and therefore on this point it is still possible to do something.

the second point: I understand the vision thing. I do not really know yet if this is possible with Ogre. But I fail to see
if it is available ... ;)

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#11]
i'm fairly certain its available in ogre because most of the exporters do export a .skeleton file and .mesh files

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#12]
Yes that is correct. But the file is associated with the file skeleton mesh, and I do not know yet if we can associate a different mesh to the same skeleton.

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#13]
should be able to if your using the same skeleton in the editor. Kind of how Cal3d works.

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#14]
the ascii shader is crazy

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#15]
The V0.0.4 version of Triskell3D is available. improvements and other changes to read here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=11915&log=1772

KronosUK(Posted 2010) [#16]
First off I am really liking what I am seeing with this. Thanks for your work.

Now my stupid question

with a command such as

_CameraBackColor(mcamera, $222222)

How does $222222 equate to rgb values.

Or put another way how would I convert, for example, R=100, G=200, B=255 into the above format.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#17]
$222222 is a hex value.

You need to convert your decimal value into hexadecimal.

Red: 100 (decimal) = 64 (hex)

Green: 200 (decimal) = C8 (hex)

Blue: 255 (decimal) = FF (hex)

So in total it will be:
$64C8FF

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#18]
@therevilles:

@KronosUK:Using hex value is not very aesthetic and intuitive. But it reduces the number of arguments in some functions.
Now, if that proves too daunting, it is still possible to do otherwise ...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#19]
Alan, this is very nice Bmax add on..I have tried it and its working beautifully with no flaws..im interested to hear, do you have any plans for MAC release?

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#20]
For now, I seek to achieve a stable and complete version of Windows. After, I would try to work on the Linux version (not easy, because I do not know Linux).
Finally, if all goes well then I would see for the MAC version.
I think I have a Windows version stable and well finished before January 2011 if all goes well. This can give you an idea of the roadmap in terms of timing.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#21]
that is very nice..do you have plans to integrate deferred rendering ?

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#22]
after the integration of physics, I would look at the specific effect, as deferred rendering, so it is expected, although it will take some time.
;)

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#23]
being a web developer i kinda dig using hex values for color.

SabataRH(Posted 2010) [#24]
Alan_ nice work here. So many orge ports for bmax have been worked on but nothing really complete or useable. I do hope you plan on riding this one out as it seems to me this is the best working port i've seen yet. I've read you plan on a physics engine being added, my question is any plans on adding a sound engine?

Alan_(Posted 2010) [#25]
I try to stabilise the graphic engine , and I begin the physic code.
One time this important work round off, then I'll think about
the sound library to insert in the Triskell project

Hezkore(Posted 2010) [#26]
Is the project dead or what's going on?
http://triskell3d.com/ has been down for several weeks now :/

KronosUK(Posted 2011) [#27]
Seems to have been some drama over on the French Purebasic forums regarding the origin of this wrapper and I'm guessing thats why the Triskell3D sites suddenly disappeared which is a shame as the wrapper was looking pretty groovy.

Grafos(Posted 2011) [#28]
It's a pity. The other ogre wrapper went silent round about the same time. From choosing between the two, we went back to none just like that.

GW(Posted 2011) [#29]
Too bad. Triskell3d was pretty nice to play around with and showed a lot of promise.