How to build modules on Suse Linux?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/How to build modules on Suse Linux?

danibert(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello,

I´m working on a program on windows, but I like to have my application running on linux and mac, too.
In my app, I´m using Brucey´s LibcurlSSL module. In Widows I built the moule with a few clicks with BlIDE´s module builder.
But how to do on Linux?

I´m using Open Suse 11.1 where I installed the gcc-c++, xorg-x11-libX11-devel and Mesa-devel packages, BMax 1.39 and MaxGUI 1.36
My LibcurlSSL module is stored in blitzMaxDir/mod/bah.mod/libcrlssl.mod

What do I have to do now to get the module working?
Thank you

jondecker76(Posted 2010) [#2]
On linux, module names are case-sensitive and a lot of times authors forget to take that into account.
First, make sure that the names of the module directories and files are in lower case. Then open up. libcrlssl.bmx, and make sure it is lower case near the top where it says
Module libcrlssl

danibert(Posted 2010) [#3]
...but how do I build or compile the module??

ima747(Posted 2010) [#4]
Poke around in the MaxIDE menus, there should be an option to recompile your modules, it should be near rebuild documentation (which you should also do).

If you run into any problems refer to JonD's post regarding some peculiarities on linux.

danibert(Posted 2010) [#5]
When I select Build Modules or Rebuild all modules, BMax starts do build.

Note: it doesn't matter whether the libcurlssl folder is present or not - after a while it comes to Compiling:glew_static.c
Then I get this:
Compiling:glew_static.c
In file included from /home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew_static.c:3:
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:32:21: error: GL/glew.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:36:24: error: GL/glxew.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
In file included from /home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew_static.c:3:
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:144: error: expected
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:145 error: expected
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:146 error: expected
/home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew.c:147 error: expected
and so on... until line 11798

followed by:
Build Error: failed to compile /home/daniel/bin/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/glew.mod/glew_static.c
Process complete

What to do?

markcw(Posted 2010) [#6]
Looks like you're missing the development headers, "File or directory not found".

Try to install:
glew-devel

You could also try:
Mesa-devel-static

If that doesn't work try to reinstall Mesa-devel as something may have got borked in the install.

danibert(Posted 2010) [#7]
@markcw
I installed all packages suggested by you. Now I get a different Error:

OMG, I'm just beginning with Linux and can't resolve this!
Please help me

markcw(Posted 2010) [#8]
Well you shouldn't be using a mismatched version of Maxgui with Max, especially on Linux (tut tut!), as they were released simultaneously and often updates weren't backwards compatible.

So I recommend you rename your current BlitzMax folder to BlitzMax139 so you can do a clean install of Max 1.41 and Maxgui 1.41, then before you install anything else do a build modules (as Maxgui 1.41 is source only) and see if that works normally.

That should work. If it doesn't then do:
sudo zypper remove gcc-c++ xorg-x11-libX11-devel Mesa-devel

And then:
sudo zypper install gcc-c++ xorg-x11-libX11-devel Mesa-devel

And try build modules again.

danibert(Posted 2010) [#9]
OK so far.... Due to all the problems, I did the following steps:
1. Installed another Linux Distribution (Ubuntu 9.1)
2. Installed the libstdc++-dev package and thus g++
3. Executed the Bash script from http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88613
4. Copied BMax 1.41 and MaxGUI 1.41 into my users folder and built the modules

So far without any problems. All modules were built correctly.
Then I copied the libcurlssl module into my BlitzMax folder/mod/bah.mod/
When I then try to build the modules, I get the following:

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#10]
You need to install the OpenSSL dev package - only for compilation time... people using it should not have to install anything else, as OpenSSL is usually included with the distro.