BlitzMax V1.41 now up!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax V1.41 now up!

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

BlitzMax V1.41 is now available from the product updates page of the Account section.

This version should fix the notorious 'find' bug in the MaxIDE!

The same issue may also have affected apps running on 64bit Windows that perform a GCCollect from within a windows callback such as WndProc.

From versions.txt:

* Clamped strings sent to debugger to maxlength of 4096.

* Moved thread data C code from brl.threads to brl.blitz so new MT debugger can have at 'em.

* Functions that call non-bmx functions now push all callee save regs to prevent problems with premature GC on wow64.

* Fixed memory allocators so they always do a GCCollect if out of memory.

Amon(Posted 2010) [#2]
Thanks! :)

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#3]
Excellent... I'll check that out.

degac(Posted 2010) [#4]
Oh, thanks!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#5]
Monsieur, with these Blitzmax updates you are really spoiling us.

QuickSilva(Posted 2010) [#6]
Great. Thanks Mark.

Jason.

jondecker76(Posted 2010) [#7]
Awesome, using it now on Linux!

One note, however - it appears that the IDE wasn't linked against the new MaxGUI 1.41 - as the linux paste bug in the IDE is present in this release

EOF(Posted 2010) [#8]
Thanks, from a long term BlitzMax user

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thank you!

ima747(Posted 2010) [#10]
Thanks as always for the fantastic work!

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#11]
Monsieur, with these Blitzmax updates you are really spoiling us.

lol ive been quoting that ferrero rocher advert for about a decade now too

thx for the update mark

hub(Posted 2010) [#12]
Thanks mark !

i've the message 'Can't find interface for module 'maxgui.drivers'' when i compile my code. i use 'Import MaxGUI.Drivers'

What's wrong now ?

(maxgui 1.41).

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#13]
It seems you have to compile the MaxGUI drivers module. (if you're making a threaded build, be sure to have a threaded version of the module too).

hub(Posted 2010) [#14]
so i must install mingw... not an easy maxgui distrib...

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#15]
Hi,

> i've the message 'Can't find interface for module 'maxgui.drivers'' when i compile my code. i use 'Import MaxGUI.Drivers'

Not sure what's up there - have you copied the maxgui module into the new installation?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#16]
Be sure to have copied files in the right location. It's easy to mistake the target location for the module files.

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#17]
No apparent errors after recompiling with GCC 4.5.0 (win32) either, so far. :-?

hub(Posted 2010) [#18]
Sorry Mark it was my mistake !

i've installed the new blitmax version
inside the previous blitmax folder : program files\blitmax\blitmax\ !).
New version works fine here now !

Jesse(Posted 2010) [#19]
Hi Mark are you planning or is the Tlist module fixed. There is a problem when using an external compare function that causes Tlist to produce unspected results when removing objects from Tlist.
there is a discusion about it here if you need more information about it:
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90750#1032562

jsp(Posted 2010) [#20]
Thanks for the update!

slenkar(Posted 2010) [#21]
how do you fix the paste bug? just recompile the IDE with the latest maxgui?

Drackbolt(Posted 2010) [#22]
Wow... Fantastic that the Find bug is fixed, but I'm noticing some absolutely unreal increases in multi-threading runtime performance, in debug and release. Anyone else seeing this? I hope it stays this way...

skidracer(Posted 2010) [#23]
slenkar, there is a fresh Linux build of IDE called maxide_linux_142_beta.tar.gz on MaxGUI site here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/maxgui/files/

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#24]
Thanks! Downloading on my Macbook Pro to take to Victoria for a 48 hour game jam!

btw, the IDE says it's 1.40 even though BMax is 1.41.

Q. for anyone in the know: The GCC it says I have installed on my Macbook Pro is 4.0.1. Is that OK or should I update? It's probably several years old... Thanks!

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#25]
Q. for anyone in the know: The GCC it says I have installed on my Macbook Pro is 4.0.1. Is that OK or should I update? It's probably several years old... Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that the 'official' build is compiled against 3.4.5 or something, so your version is still newer than that... So you should be fine.

From what I've seen most of the optimizations in the newer versions are in the creation of a 64-bit code, which isn't applicable to BlitzMax anyway.

Blitzplotter(Posted 2010) [#26]
Thanks Mark.