dylib

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/dylib

AngryPenguin(Posted 2010) [#1]
So I just upgraded to snow leopard and none of my apps are able to find dylibs anymore. I've made sure they are inside the app package. I've also tried in the applications folder with the app, user root folder, drive root, and /usr. Anyone else having this issue? I'm hoping I just missed something simple in the upgrade. Using BM 1.40 and OS X 10.6.4

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
well, it depends what dylibs you can't see any more...

AngryPenguin(Posted 2010) [#3]
my apps cannot find libmysql.16.dylib. I'm pretty sure it is installed correctly as bah.database and bah.dbmysql build properly. However, when I go to run an application with those libraries, I get an image not found error. I've tried with and without a framework to see if I was missing an import, but no joy so far.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
If libmysql is 64-bit you will have trouble linking from BlitzMax. You may need to install the 32-bit version of the mysql client libraries.

AngryPenguin(Posted 2010) [#5]
I've tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit libraries and still no joy. I'm really at a loss on this one. I've tried compiling the demos that come with bah.dbmysql as well and I get the same issues, so I'm guessing that I either have an incorrect library version, or its trying to pull the dylib from somewhere I'm unaware of.

AngryPenguin(Posted 2010) [#6]
Ok, further update. I have the modules compiling correctly, as when i remove the libmysqlclient.a it fails to compile. The app will link correctly and begin to run with dyld throwing an error that it is unable to find the image. I've tried placing the dylib in every place i can think of. Am I missing something here?