Place to host user modules?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Place to host user modules?

jondecker76(Posted 2010) [#1]
In my latest project, started to get overwhelmed by the number of files to maintain, so I finally took the plunge in building proper Modules for a lot of my re-usable code. I took the last week or so to clean up my code, make it more generalized and package appropriate parts into modules. The result is that now my main application has 50% fewer files, and 75% less code to maintain.

I feel that I have built some really useful modules and would like to share them. Is there an official place where I can post them for download? (I'd prefer not to do it all in code boxes, as the the documentation does have some sample bmx files in the doc folder, etc...)

If there is no official module hosting, I'm open to suggestions where to host them!

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#2]
You can host open source code for free with Google... check http://code.google.com/hosting

plash(Posted 2010) [#3]
GitHub. It uses git which I find to be far better than SVN. Also you have complete choice of licensing.

jondecker76(Posted 2010) [#4]
thanks guys, will check both of these out!

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#5]
You can use Mercural on Google as well. It's easier than SVN.

ProfJake(Posted 2010) [#6]
I kind of prefer Google Code since it is really clean and straightforward.
You don't have to log in or anything to get the code.

jondecker76(Posted 2010) [#7]
yeah, I went with Google code - mostly because I've been using SVN for years so I'm already familiar.
I have my own SVN server at home, but my DSL is SLOW, so I'd rather not use it for anything that I want to share