BlitzMax V1.40 Up!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax V1.40 Up!

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

BlitzMax V1.40 is now available from the product updates page of the Account section.

Mainly just a tweak release, although the MT friendly debugger will probably be greatly appreciated by some users!

From versions.txt:

* Added debugger_mt.stdio.bmx, new MT friendly debugger courtesy of Otus. This is now imported by appstub.

* setSwapInterval always called now in Win32 glgraphics mod to handle Alt-Tab modifying swap interval.

* Added a JoyCount() call to the top of freejoy.bmx to kickstart Mac/Linux drivers.

* Turned off OpenAL debug logging!

* Implemented fix for Brucey's Mac bbMilliSecs fix in blitz_app.c

N(Posted 2010) [#2]
* Added debugger_mt.stdio.bmx, new MT friendly debugger courtesy of Otus. This is now imported by appstub.
Well this is a pretty cool addition.

plash(Posted 2010) [#3]
Just curious (haven't downloaded/checked code yet), did you include the XFree86 link issue fix?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#4]
Thanks!

Panno(Posted 2010) [#5]
thx Mr.Sibly

GaryV(Posted 2010) [#6]
Wowzers, go on vacation, come back and I have a new BM version waiting :) Thank you, Mark!

Kryzon(Posted 2010) [#7]
Thanks for the update!

EDIT: May I just say thanks for making that Milkshape3D exporter a "few" years ago; I'm learning a lot from the source - it's coming in handy right now.

Grisu(Posted 2010) [#8]
Thanks.

This topic should be sticky at least for a week.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks!

When has OpenAL debug logging been turned on since? Did it have any negative impact? Thx.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#10]
The setSwapInterval fix is greatly appreciated! (among the other good stuff)

GfK(Posted 2010) [#11]
When has OpenAL debug logging been turned on since? Did it have any negative impact? Thx.
It was accidentally left on as of 1.39.

Was easy enough to turn it off yourself, though.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#12]
Thanks GfK.

I'm running BMax 1.37, is there any major reason why I should upgrade to 1.4 before recompiling some games for BFG? (I can't see any major reason above and in 1.38 http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88990) and in 1.39 http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90075#1023718 ) Thanks

GfK(Posted 2010) [#13]
I'm not sure... I don't think so.

Unless you're having a surge of complaints about your games going wrong or you have particular issues, I wouldn't bother recompiling anyway.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#14]
Thx. I still need to recompile some games due to that User Permissions bug on non-English OSes that I posted about a couple of months back, so I was just wondering if it was worth me upgrading to 1.40.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#15]
I'm not saying there's anything wrong with 1.40, but I'd stick with a tried-and-tested version, to be honest.

One thing though - I played the Mac version of Fairway Solitaire recently. It worked fine fullscreen but all of the graphics corrupted horribly in windowed mode. It did it every time - even if it started in a window. I don't know if that's anything to do with 1.37, or your code, or my drivers, or what (Magicville compiled with 1.39 works perfectly, though).

Thx. I still need to recompile some games due to that User Permissions bug on non-English OSes that I posted about a couple of months back
Yeah, Magicville set sail with that little beauty in situ! Didn't even realise the issue was there until a bunch of people reported that the game didn't work.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#16]
Thanks for the heads up on Fairway. It was compiled a LONG time ago with an old version of BMAX and I've heard that happens on OSX 10.6, is that what you have?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#17]
Yep, 10.6.

I wasn't intentionally being a mean git by not reporting it - I'm really new to Macs and I thought it was just me.

Grey Alien(Posted 2010) [#18]
Thanks for confirming. OK guess I shouldn't derail this any more.

Szafirek(Posted 2010) [#19]
Do you live to see in the next update:

Enumeration and typedef or macro?