Brucey´s libcurlssl without additional files?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Brucey´s libcurlssl without additional files?

danibert(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi all,

I´m using Brucey´s libcurlssl to establish a ssl connection. Everything works perfect. The only Problem I have, is that the users of my program don´t want to (or can´t) install any programs on their computers. So I have to create a single file executable, that don´t need the two aditional files (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll) from the OpenSSL binaries.

Are there any chances to get these files into my executable?
I tried a lot of approaches with incbin and so on, but I can´t get it to work.

Does anyone know a solution for my problem?
Thank you very much in advance for any tipps or hints

plash(Posted 2010) [#2]
You can't package the dlls with your application?

I would suggest static linking, but that might require changes to the module and I don't know what the licensing issues here are.

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#3]
You should just be able to put the dlls in the same directory as the executable.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
It is common to ship any extra dlls with the program, and to extract them into the same directory as the application.

Strange that people refuse to install applications...

markcw(Posted 2010) [#5]
I don't know why you can't incbin the dlls and then create them at init if not found... Maybe you need to relaunch the exe after the dll creation so the dlls are loaded properly.

danibert(Posted 2010) [#6]
...I found a tool named MoleBox. It wraps all files into one executable. Great, that´ll solve all my problems.
Thanks anyhow