SetBlend not working

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SetBlend not working

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#1]
The Bmax documentation says that SetBlend is a member of the BRL.Max2D module, but when running this code, I get an Unhandled Exception:Attempt to access field or method of Null object

Also, when commenting out that SetBlend line, I'm given an unpleasant "CreateGraphics failed:Attempt to access field or method of Null object" in the output area.

How can I fix this? Run it yourself to reproduce the issue.

Framework BRL.Graphics
Import BRL.Max2D
Import BRL.Blitz

Graphics 640,480
SetBlend ALPHABLEND

End

GfK(Posted 2010) [#2]
Its failing because it can't greate a graphics object.

You also need:
Import BRL.D3D9Max2D

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#3]
Now it fusses about MidHandleImage. What's going on there? Someplace there needs to be an exhausive list of what modules are required for each command.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#4]
But it still dislikes MidHandleImage
You will probably find that MidHandleImage is just fine - the problem will be when you try to load an image as you have not imported brl.PNGLoader, brl.JPGLoader, brl.TGALoader or brl.BMPLoader.

Seriously - don't bother with Framework/Import until your game is finished. After that just use Framework Assistant to tell you exactly what you need.

Someplace there needs to be an exhausive list of what modules are required for each command.
There is. Press F1 twice on a command to go to its documentation - the containing module is shown at the top of the page.

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#5]
I have finished my game, and I did that on the functions it threw up an error for. I just didn't think of the error being from the image loading.

Also, the download link for the framework assistant is broken :/

GfK(Posted 2010) [#6]
Oh. You can get a slightly older version here