BlitzGUI error after reinstall

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzGUI error after reinstall

RexRhino(Posted 2010) [#1]
I am getting several errors after uninstalling BlitzMax (and deleting the old directory) and then reinstalling the latex BlitzMax and BlitzGUI.

I have MinGW properly installed (it was working fine with the old version of BlitzMax that I had).

I am able to build all the modules, except the BlitzGUI modules, and when I try to compile something with a GUI, I get this:

C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.a(panel.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):panel.cpp:(.text+0xa1): undefined reference to `bbObjectRetain'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.a(panel.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):panel.cpp:(.text$_ZN10BBGraphicsD1Ev[__ZN10BBGraphicsD1Ev]+0x11): undefined reference to `bbObjectRelease'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.a(panel.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):panel.cpp:(.text$_ZN10BBGraphicsD0Ev[__ZN10BBGraphicsD0Ev]+0x11): undefined reference to `bbObjectRelease'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.a(gui.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):gui.cpp:(.text+0x52f): undefined reference to `bbObjectRetain'
C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.a(graphics.cpp.release.win32.x86.o):graphics.cpp:(.text+0x50): undefined reference to `bbObjectRetain'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/Users/Rex Rhino/Desktop/Projects/Space Game/space.exe

When I add this to the code:
Import MaxGui.Drivers

I get this error message:
Compile Error: Duplicate identifier 'TIconStrip' in modules 'maxgui.maxgui' and 'brl.maxgui'
[C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.release.win32.x86.i;268;1]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Users/Rex Rhino/Desktop/Projects/Space Game/space.bmx

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

I also notice that the IDE isn't finding MinGW (although all the enviornmental variables are set up, and it can use it properly except for the Rebuild Modules options).

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
The new MaxGUI was moved from the BRL namespace to its own, MaxGUI.

So you should remove all the GUI modules from brl.mod, or do a clean install of brl.mod and not copy into it the MaxGUI folders.

RexRhino(Posted 2010) [#3]
From what I understand, there are currently no GUI modules in brl.mod.

I did a clean install of the latest version, deleting the old BlitzMax folder after uninstalling and before reinstalling.

I checked the brl.mod directory, and couldn't find any subfolder that looked anything like maxgui. In fact, I searched my HD for "maxgui", and the only place "maxgui" exists is the mod directory. The "BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod" referenced in the error message does not exist on my computer, yet I am still getting the message.

That is why it is so weird, and why I posted the question... /BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/win32maxgui.mod does not exist on my computer, yet I get this error message!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#4]
Maybe you have to turn off quick build, as there could be references in the precompiled assemblies.

RexRhino(Posted 2010) [#5]
OK, I figured it out, but it is pretty weird:

There was a folder on the computer called "C:\Users\Rex Rhino\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\BlitzMax", and for some reason BlitzMax was using that folder for its mod directory, instead of the directory in the "C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/"... and for some reason it was classified as a hidden system file, so it wasn't showing up in the search.

I deleted the folder, and now everything works fine! (except for MaxIDE still doesn't see MinGW... but it compiles fine so it isn't that big of a deal).

Thanks for your help Brucey!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#6]
It's much better to install BlitzMax outside the program files folder (the installed defaults to c:\blitzmax) If you install it on your program files folder, windows will virtualize most of the mod files, and you could have this kind of issues frequently.