BlitzMax V139 now up!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax V139 now up!

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

Update 139 is now available from the product updates section of the account page.

Just a little maintenance release really...

* Added DesktopWidth(), DesktopHeight(), DesktopDepth(), DesktopHertz() function to BRL.Syste,

* Fixed TryLockMutex on Mac/Linux.

* TGLImageFrame now enqueues textures for deletion to prevent problems with glDeleteTextures in wrong thread when GCing in MT.

* Implemented Seb's Mac bbSystemEmitOSEvent fix in system_macos.m

* Implemented Brucey's Mac bbMilliSecs fix in blitz_app.c

* Fixed d3d9 canvas size validation.

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#2]
Mark,

thank you very much for this release - I really appreciate your work (and love working with BlitzMAX despite the problems which may occur from time to time - but, well, which software is without any problems?)

rs22(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks Mark! :)

Armitage 1982(Posted 2010) [#4]
Nice Desktop functions.
Thanks a lot :)

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#5]
Thanks for the update!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks Mark :)

Grafos(Posted 2010) [#7]
Thanks Mark, the desktop functions will come in handy

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#8]
That's nice!

Oddball(Posted 2010) [#9]
If only those desktop functions had appeared earlier, it would have saved me a lot of time. Oh well, better late than never. Now all I need is a SetAppTitle function and I can get rid of all third party mods from my current project.

Thanks for the update.

Shagwana(Posted 2010) [#10]
Brill stuff as usual

ima747(Posted 2010) [#11]
Wow... I think I actually need every single change in this update in my current project either fixing bugs I have or allowing me to drop extra modules... Thanks!

d-bug(Posted 2010) [#12]
I guess, this is the official death of DesktopExt.mod!

Good work, Mark! But wouldn't it be better to return the real Hertz on MacOSX instead of the fixed value 60?

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2010) [#13]
@ Oddball

What is wrong with using AppTitle = "Name Of Your App" ?

plash(Posted 2010) [#14]
What is wrong with using AppTitle = "Name Of Your App" ?
Graphics windows that are created will use AppTitle, but after that you cannot change the window title without remaking the graphics context, which I believe is what Oddball is referring to.

Oddball(Posted 2010) [#15]
What Plash said. It's not a big deal though as I'm doing it with a third party mod at the moment, like I was with the desktop functions before this update.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#16]
Re: d-bug

dektop-ext isn't quite dead yet imo, though it is no longer compatable since system has taken some function names... but it provides info for more than just main screen, and as you said refresh rates etc. so until the system absorbs it (crossing my fingers since I use something from it in EVERYTHING) then it still has a place in my heart :0)

Multi-monitor setups are becoming more and more common these days since just about every computer has a graphics card that supports 2 heads... laptops especially...

GfK(Posted 2010) [#17]
I guess, this is the official death of DesktopExt.mod!
I hope not - I'm using DesktopRatio().

Jur(Posted 2010) [#18]
A small detail... in the console output I now get messages like "Generated OpenAL source 43872232" when allocating sound channels (didnīt get them in the previous versions).

GfK(Posted 2010) [#19]
A small detail... in the console output I now get messages like "Generated OpenAL source 43872232" when allocating sound channels (didnīt get them in the previous versions).
You too, huh?

I just this second mentioned this issue in Bug Reports.

Chroma(Posted 2010) [#20]
Bah, my connection here in the "desert" won't allow me to download the latest. I'm still using 1.3X (low). Bah i say!

Scaremonger(Posted 2010) [#21]
I shall have to wait until the weekend :(

Does DesktopHeight() take into account the height of the taskbar?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#22]
Does DesktopHeight() take into account the height of the taskbar?
It returns whatever the desktop height is, regardless of the taskbar.

You may want to read this first, though, as there are issues.