Problem with DirectX 9 Driver

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Problem with DirectX 9 Driver

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#1]
I recently found out about premultiplying alpha when loading images and how that can help with what I'm trying to achieve with TimelineFX, which in this case is a much more robust way of grabbing the screen with alpha channel intact, and an additional blend mode I'm interested in which is Screen blend, like the one in photoshop. I think this works really well for particle effects, and it's exactly how it's done in particle illusions.

Anyway, so I've written a couple of extended max2d drivers that bolt on top of the current ones that makes all this possible but I've hit a brick wall with d3d9max2d because the things I need access to are under a private scope, namely the d3ddevice _color, _clscolor and _iverts. All the equivalents are accessible for gl and dx7 one way or another.

So basically, is there a work around for this?

I'd like a solution that's completely transparent to TimelineFX users, which at least for gl and dx7 it is, but dx9 is a bit of a headache! :)

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#2]
I think someone mentiond that depending if you include or import a module it has an impact on the private scope?

TMK(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hopefully it's possible, as I love TimelineFX and this sounds like an awesome feature :)