BLIde Plus update 10.03.17-A available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde Plus update 10.03.17-A available

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#1]
For newcomers, BLIde is an integrated development environment for BlitzMax for windows. (a free limited version is available) For more information see here: http://www.blide.org

Changelog:
[*] New simplified splash screen with easier to read text.

[*] Fixed: BLIde was proving intelliprompt suggestion for variable names when the variables where being created in a "For Local" style routine.

[*] Fixed: BLIde could provide an 'Out of memory' message when loading an unmanaged solution under very rare scenarios.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde throw an unhandled exception when the BLIde start mode was set to 'reopen last' and the last application had been removed from disk.

[*] Fixed a bug in the Search&Replace dialog when a step-by-step replace operation was performed in a text with several replacements in the same line.

[*] Fixed a bug in the internal BLIde BMX lexical parser that was not parsing properly the Else clause of the Assert sentence.

[*] Fixed a bug in the BLIde unmanaged solutions serializer that was using absolute paths to store some project context folders location when the option 'create custom folder' was disabled at the creation of a project.

BLIde Plus users can get this update due regular automated BLIde updates, or going to the menu option: Help / Check for BLIde updates

Hope you find this fixes/improvements useful.

zambani(Posted 2010) [#2]
Thanks ziggy for the update.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#3]
I still get this sometimes when opening an unmanaged solution:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc)
at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight()
at System.Drawing.Font.get_Height()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_FontHeight()
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.get_PreferredHeight()
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.get_DefaultSize()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor(Boolean autoInstallSyncContext)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase..ctor()
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox..ctor()
at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadExceptionDialog..ctor(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.SendMessage(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 msg, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SendMessage(Int32 msg, Int32 wparam, Int32 lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.ForceScrollbarUpdate(Boolean delayed)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.UpdateNode(Int32 mask)
at System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode.set_Text(String value)
at BLIde.UProject.LoadFiles(TreeNode TreeN, Hashtable H)
at BLIde.UProject.LoadFolders(TreeNode Parent, Hashtable H)
at BLIde.UProject.LoadFolders(TreeNode Parent, Hashtable H)
at BLIde.UProject.LoadXML(USolution Sol, UnmanagedProject Project)
at BLIde.USolution.LoadXML(String filename)

[edit] Actually I get it EVERY time, if I load my solution/BLIde by double-clicking on a .blideUS file.

If I open BLIde first, then load the solution, it works fine.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#4]
Ok, I'll investigate it for the next release.

GW(Posted 2010) [#5]
Where can you enter commandline arguments in Blide for passing to the executable?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#6]
In the compiler parameters window. Go to View / Compiler Options or press Alt + 1. Then in the compiler parameters window, there's a field called Command Line Parameters. You can sent them there.

GW(Posted 2010) [#7]
thankyou

GfK(Posted 2010) [#8]
Just a small feature request; when I used ProjectStudio there was an option to cancel compilation. Many times I hit compile, then remember I haven't done something else that I meant to do but there is no apparent way of stopping it, once its started.

Also a trivial bug; Click the 'build & run' button, then click/hold anywhere else on the screen. The Compiler Toolbar jumps to wherever the mouse is. I'm certain you fixed this once, but its back. :)

Another one I just noticed; On the View>>Toolbars menu, shouldn't the toolbars that are already visible have a check mark beside them??

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#9]
@Gfk: I will add the Cancel compilation option for the next release. Nice idea! Also I'll take a look to the small bug report.
The checks next to the already opened toolbars, this has never been there but could be easilly added.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#10]
Hi ziggy minor feature request/idea...

I was going to use the code folding feature of BLIde to divide my headers up into sections e.g.

Rem Header	

end rem

Rem Work in progress

end rem

The idea being that collapsing the rems would produce...

[+]/* Header */

[+]/* Work in progress */ 

So I would have tidy code and collapsable comments!

Is there a way to do this?

And a minor hiccup, seperate rem staments are grouped as a single block if there is just whitespace between them.

Keep up the great work!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#11]
@Arowx: You can do this using regions. See info here: http://www.blide.org/help/index.html?regions.htm

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#12]
New BLIde update available!
This is the changelog:
BLIde version 10.04.10-A

[*] Fixed an issue that could throw a false 'Out of memory' error while loading unmanaged solutions with a given file's structure.

[*] Added an advanced parameter in the BLIde advanced tab that allows the user to enable or disable the pre-allocation of memory that default .net framework does.Disabling it will reduce the BLIde memory footprint at a cost of a slightly slower performance.

[*] Added a feature on the Advanced setting that allows the user to disable the automatic module's updating every X restarts of BLIde.

[*] Added a feature on the Advanced setting that allows the user to define the rate at witch BLIde has to update its internal modules database.

[*] BLIde now removes any query from the debugger pipes once the user cancels the debugging session, so there is no stack-trace queue once the cancel us submitted.

[*] BLIde now redirects all the standard error pipe to the default BLIde console, when a BlitzMax application is being run in release mode.

[*] Added 'Cancel' button to the Building window, so any compilation can be canceled by the user.

[*] Added a checkbox to inform whether a toolbar is visible or not, in the View menu.

[*] Toolbar view menu items now work as a toggle.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#13]
Thank you!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#14]
[*] Added 'Cancel' button to the Building window, so any compilation can be canceled by the user
Its behaving a little strangely.

If I hit Build & Run, then Cancel, then Build & Run again, the program compiles and runs fine. When I end the program, it runs by itself a second time.

If I hit Build & Run, then Cancel, and repeat that 10 times, the app will auto-run itself another 9 times after I close it.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#15]
@Gfk: It seems to be caused by a thread sync issue. I think I've got it sorted. Send me an email if you want me to send you a *hepufully* fix, as I can't replicate this here always (just randomly and with big projects).

GfK(Posted 2010) [#16]
done.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#17]
Small update is available to fix the small bug GFK found in the yesterday's update. Also updated the documentation and the PDF manual

Isaac P(Posted 2010) [#18]
Im very interested in purchasing blide plus, is there any other payment option other than shareit?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#19]
@Marc W: Currently, share-it is the only option, but you can use a paypal account to purchase via share-it, if you wish.

Isaac P(Posted 2010) [#20]
My problem is the inability to use my email provider with share-it. It does not allow paypal or credit/debit card purchases on 'free' email addresses.

Mahan(Posted 2010) [#21]
@Marc W:

I had the same problem with share-it last week. Even though i payed with paypal.com (which in a way guarantee the money as far as share-it are concerned in such a transaction) I had to give them my job-email address to complete the share-it transaction. ½-lame imho.

Isaac P(Posted 2010) [#22]
I'd hate this problem be a barrier to me purchasing Blide.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#23]
There's nothing I an do here, as those are Share-it rules and I'm using the share-it service for several reasons, being the most important one that it is the same paying service you used to purchase BlitzMax, so you can use the same credentials if you wish.

Isaac P(Posted 2010) [#24]
Ziggy I can understand the reasons you use Share-it, its unfortunate that they have this stupid requirement. I wish I could have supported you in the development of this great IDE, I'll just continue to use the free version as it suits most of my needs.

Yahfree(Posted 2010) [#25]
Hi, I recently wiped my computer and trying to reinstall blide from your website yields this error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Matthew Smith(Posted 2010) [#26]
Yahfree,

The .Net Framework is probably not installed.

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#27]
Hi Ziggy.
After upgraded to 10.4.10A, my Blide start to crash much more frequently than before (so is 10.4.11A).
Before 10.4.10, it crashes sometimes when I close a lot of tabs in a short while. But now it crashes even when I'm editing the code(especially while do copy/paste).

I'm having a very big project (300+ files so far), so I think it might be some issue about memory allocation.

Any idea on this?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#28]
@Tommo: Can you give me any more information about the crash, and what information it gives? Also, you can go to Advanced preferences and disable the "Pre-allocate memory to speed up performance"? I'm working on a way to minimize this, but it will not be available in a while.

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#29]
@Ziggy:
I forgot to copy the crash report given by .Net runtime, if it crash again, I'll take a copy.

"Pre-allocate.." option was turned off before last crash, so I think it's not the key.
It doesn't cause big problem so far, since I keep saving my work very frequently. Project reloading costs some time, but I can take it for some coffee. ;P

Yahfree(Posted 2010) [#30]
What version of .Net do I need? 4.0 doesn't seem to work.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#31]
You need 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5. Version 4 is not binary compatible with BLIde (but we will be updating BLIde to .net 4 in a not very far future).

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#32]
Small update commited. Changelog:
Fixed a Stability issue. There was a threading sync issue that could make BLIde not provide any valuable information when a BlitzMax compilation failed.

Fixed a small memory leak in the D3D7 b3d files preview window

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#33]
Ugh, I just updated 30 minutes ago :(

Hehe, thanks Ziggy!

Danny(Posted 2010) [#34]
Thanks for the update Ziggy...

I have a feature Request: Please allow source-code editing WHILST program is running!

Would it be possible to enable this? Often whilst compiling or whilst my program is running, I like to make notes or even small adjustments to my code or files where I keep my to-do notes.
Just like the MaxIDE/B3Dide/Protean allow you to do. I find that really handy since ideas and things-to-do always pop into my mind all the time. But now I have to scribble them on paper so I won't forget them after testing/stopping my app and BLIde allows me to edit my code again. I'm really used to that way of working and it frustrates me that I can't do it with an otherwise perfect editor :)

I understand this might cause the compiler to give incorrect references (lines changed) but I'm very happy to live with that since it's rarely a problem working with many source files.

Thanks in advance and keep it up!
Danny.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#35]
I'll make this optional for a future release. (hope it'll be available soon)

Danny(Posted 2010) [#36]
That would be super cool Ziggy thanks for that!
Can you also allow source files to be opened from the project explorer whilst the app is running, so you can check/read code that isn't currently open.

Since you're in a good mood ;)

Could you also prevent the Find function to always start over again from the top, once you've changed something (that was previously found). And in stead have it search from the cursor position onward? Else you have to go through the first x-amount of hits (again and again) before reaching the one you haven't found yet - if that makes any sense.

Oh, oh, and could you prevent tool-tips from opening OVER the cursor - or on-top of the same line that I'm currently typing? Else I can't see what I'm doing ;)

Thanks in advance - and sorry for the torrent of requests ;)

Danny

siread(Posted 2010) [#37]
Good points from Danny.

I have a bug and a couple of things I would like to request...

- If you un-toggle a bookmark or even Clear All bookmarks, they return when you next load the project. (I don't even use bookmarks, I just happen to hit F4 by mistake a lot!)

- Can we have the source files open in the same tab order as when you last shut down? Currently it is completely random.

- When closing a source file it always reverts the first tab as the next file that gets displayed. I would like it to remember the order in which I last viewed the files and as I close a file, revert to the file I was previously looking at. It sounds minor, but a lot of editing apps such as Dreamweaver use this method. It's useful when you have a lot of files open as it makes it easier when you need to close just a handful of them.

Thanks Ziggy. Great work as always.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#38]
This is just to inform that BLIde website will be down for maintenance for some hours.

jkrankie(Posted 2010) [#39]
I'd like to echo siread's requests for tabs opening in the same order as i left them, and for Blide to remember the order in which i opened them when closing a tab.

Cheers

Charlie

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#40]
The site is working again.

Danny(Posted 2010) [#41]
[EDIT: Oops - never mind]

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#42]
Small update commited. This is the changelog:

[*] Added some new features to the internal BLIde SDK to control wich BLIde edition is a PlugIn running on.

[*] Added support for a new plug-in based intelliprompt system (more info on this very soon).

[*] Cleaned a bit the design of the welcome page.

[*] Removed the BufferedPanel class from the BLIde Plugin SDK. All this functionality is now available in the regular Panel class.

[*] Removed the MinGW compiler class from the BLIde Plugin SDK due it being considered now private and only available in BLIde Plus edition.

siread(Posted 2010) [#43]
Font Machine doesn't seem to be able to unicode characters such as the Polish set "ĄąĘęΣσĆ棳ŃńŚśŹźŻż". Can this be fixed?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#44]
I *think* as long as tey're in the ANSI table, it's ok but you have to add the special characters explicitly in the 'included chars toi render' filed, in the rendering parameters of the editor. If those characters are outside the ANSI table, they're not currently supported, but I'm adding this very very soon.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#45]
Bit of an oddity with MaxGUI and BLIde - see here.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#46]
@Gfk: Are you sure you did update the BLIde's module database? It looks like it was not updated. I mean, first build the docs, and then update the modules database.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#47]
Build docs first??? I may have done it the other way around but I can't remember tbh. Didn't think it mattered.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#48]
@Gfk: It is important so BLIde associate the existing modules with the existing documentation. When BLIde updates the module's database it also takes into account any available modules documentation, not only interfaces and source code. That's how BLIde can display small information of what each command is doing in the parameter hint popups.

Stellar(Posted 2010) [#49]
@ziggy
is it possible you add for uniy3d scripting(c# & javascript) support?,for replacing the default uniscte editor...

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#50]
yes, ill be adding it for the next update.
but it will not support a very advanced intelliprompt at first release.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#51]
New BLIde version available with some additions. This is the changelog:
[*] String object in intelliprompt is now considered Common in all situations.

[*] BLIde updater now has an option to download any full update package as an offline updater.

[*] BLIde allows the source code to be modified while an application is being run. This is not recommended, but has been added to BLIde due to popular demand.

[*] Some improvements to the JavaScript parser.

[*] Fixed a usability problem when BLIde was about to update its internal database to a newer version and the update notification was hidden behind the module's cache window.

[*] BLIde modules database has a much more optimized indexing system, so BLIde is a bit faster in this respect.

EDIT: To enable the 'edit code whilst the program is being run' you have to open the preferenced dialog, and go to the 'advanced' TAB.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#52]
Nice update, especially the one with code modificvation while an app is running.

Just another little request, would it be possible to have the "OpenFile" Dialogue showing INI files by default too? I use INI files along with the Blide Plus INI file syntax highlighter alot in a recent application, so this would be useful.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#53]
BeAnAge: This should be already there, but it is not due a small spelling bug by my side in the BLIde internals. I'll add this for the next release. Meanwhile, you can add the Ini extension to the Ini parser (I know I know, I tould you I'll fix this).

To add the Ini extension to the Ini parser, you can go to Tools / Associate file extensions with BLIde parsers.

jsp(Posted 2010) [#54]
Off Topic
Ziggy, I got an email from your hotmail account which looks a bit like a virus/spam. You may want to check also your bilde.org mail where it was also sent to.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#55]
@jsp: Thanks, I'm looking into this.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#56]
Thanks, Ziggy.. I didnt even know that tool existed! Works fine now!

Cartman(Posted 2010) [#57]
Ziggy,
I found a possible cause of the error that some people were reporting ahile back where they get "Preparing local shortcuts window..."

If the user loads existing items from one directory, then another, then some more from the first directory, this causes Blide to show the above message and appear to hang. If you give it some time it will eventually come out of it and load.
'#Region &H03 Includes
Include "New File2.bmx"
Include "actors\Chest.bmx"
Include "actors\NPC.bmx"
Include "screens\ingamemenu.bmx"
Include "screens\buyitems.bmx"
Include "screens\battle.bmx"
Include "screens\LoadProfileMenu.bmx"
Include "screens\mainmenu.bmx"
Include "actors\Player.bmx"
Include "actors\Theo.bmx"
'#EndRegion &H03

However if I go into the .bmx file and change the order of the items so that they load only one directory then the other, it loads very fast.
'#Region &H03 Includes
Include "New File2.bmx"
Include "actors\Chest.bmx"
Include "actors\NPC.bmx"
Include "actors\Player.bmx"
Include "actors\Theo.bmx"
Include "screens\ingamemenu.bmx"
Include "screens\buyitems.bmx"
Include "screens\battle.bmx"
Include "screens\LoadProfileMenu.bmx"
Include "screens\mainmenu.bmx"
'#EndRegion &H03

Thought you should know. FYI. I only edited the .bmx file after it was hanging. So this problem was resolved for me by changing the order.

Cartman(Posted 2010) [#58]
Hey Ziggy,

I've downgraded to version 10.01.24 A. After I installed that version, I still was unable to get the .bls file to load without it stalling on the "Preparing local shortcuts window...". Then i went to your site and found the troubleshooting section. I tried deleteing the BLide Framework folder you recommended. After putting in the new settings, it loaded without any problem. But then I immediately saved everything, and tried to reload again. Same problem. Everytime I delete the Documents folder, it works fine the first time, then nothing.

Now it's stalling on "Opening tabbed doc ..."

FYI I'm on a Vista 64 laptop. Nothing else running at the moment.

Cartman(Posted 2010) [#59]
I feel like I'm talking to myself. OK. I've isolated the problem to my laptop. I can take the same solution and it runs fine on my XP desktop machine with the latest version of Blide. Is anyone else running into this problem in their environments?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#60]
Thanks a lot for your reports and help (again). Is there any chance I can get a copy of your solution? I can't replicate this here.

beanage(Posted 2010) [#61]
I have the same problem as Cartman on BOTH my Laptop and my Desktop with BOTH managed and unmanaged solutions. Strangely, it all works fine for me when I open a none-project oriented file BEFORE opening the solution. Tried that Cartman?

Cartman(Posted 2010) [#62]
Ziggy,

I'll see if I can make you something you can test with. I'm also under the constraint of using Grey Aliens code, but I think I can get you something that will replicate it.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#63]
Thanks a lot, Cartman!

Cartman(Posted 2010) [#64]
Ziggy,

Just sent you a link on your Contacts page. Let me know if it doesn't make it. Thanks for your help.