Bmax 1.38 issue on MacOS !

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Bmax 1.38 issue on MacOS !

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#1]
hello,

Very strange thing with Bmax 1.38 and MacOSX.
I've a project that compile fine and run on my Mac with Bmax 1.38 and it doesn't run on another Mac with the same OS!
Very strange because it doesn't require any file or library.
I use MaxGui 1.38 + Bmax 1.38 and cairo.mod.

Previously with Bmax 1.36 my program runs on both Mac ?
I've no idea what happens ?
When my customer tries to launch my app it starts and stop immediatly without error. (Debug or release version same...)
Please help me !

GfK(Posted 2010) [#2]
You really shouldn't put things like this in Bug Reports without investigating it yourself first and identifying the cause, or at least a potential cause.

Nobody is going to be able to offer any solution as you've posted no sample code, no app details, no system specs - nothing. Even then it should go into the programming forum until you've confirmed that it is actually a bug in Blitzmax (which in all likelihood, it isn't).

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#3]
I have investigated.
I can't send sample code because it is a commercial product.
And it is very simple my program runs fine with Bmax 1.36 and it compiles with Bmax 1.38 without errors...

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#4]
Have you identified whether it is BlitzMax 1.38 or MaxGUI 1.38 that is causing the problem? Try compiling MaxGUI 1.36 with BlitzMax 1.38 and vice versa (you may have to make some changes to cocoa.macos.m to get it to compile though).

Gfk is right though - we can't really help you without knowing more.

Difference(Posted 2010) [#5]
Somebody should move this out of bug reports.

I've a project that compile fine and run on my Mac with Bmax 1.38 and it doesn't run on another Mac with the same OS!
Very strange because it doesn't require any file or library.
I use MaxGui 1.38 + Bmax 1.38 and cairo.mod.

Are you using cairo to draw text? Then you are using an external file.
My guess is that cairo crashes on a missing/different format font.
But you really need to make a code example.

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#6]
Ok I will try to compile MaxGui 1.36 on Bmax 1.38...