Graphics - EndGraphics - Mem Leak?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Graphics - EndGraphics - Mem Leak?

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#1]
@Task master.

Is there a possible memory leak when End Graphics, Graphics being used multiple times, I display GCMemAllocated & it's increasing at an alarming rate.

Best Regards,

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#2]
Or is the value rising returned by GCMemAllocated indicative of a mem leak?

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#3]
You should never go back and delete a post like that. Someone else might have been able to learn from whatever your issue/mistake was.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#4]
It was actually down to my linux serial comms handler, which is in the archives (and now updated)

As the file handle was not declared as :TStream it didn't appear to get "collected" when closing a file.

Best Regards,

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#5]
the file handle was not declared as :TStream

Ah, perhaps a good time to start using SuperStrict ? :-)

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#6]
Most probably, although have made some good progress with my foray into the world of BMax.

Also have mplayer as a "front end" video player for my BMax apps in Linux - after much experimentation it works like a charm.

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#7]
Thanks, sorry if I sounded a little snippy, I didn't mean it like that. And now somebody else may learn from your post.

Yeshu777(Posted 2010) [#8]
Understand perfectly, I have learnt much in the same manner.

Additionally, I have also learnt that TProcess does not automatically free itself on process completion and needs to be done manually after checking process.Status()

Still at a loss as to why mouse movements & key presses increment GCMemAllocated tho.. still not an issue for my app, but noticed it whilst debugging.