BlitzMax138 now available!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax138 now available!

marksibly(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hi,

BlitzMax138 is now available from the products updates section of the account page.

Changes:

* Fixed BMK crash bug when importing unknown filetypes.

* Implemented new 'fast mutex' condvars on Win32.

* Fixed OpenALAudio ResumeChannel bug where an already playing channel was being rewound.

* Updated Pub.FreeType to 2.3.11

* Added bbStringFromNSString() and NSStringFromBBString() to macos.m for Brucey. Added macos.h.

* Updated IDE to Seb's latest version.

* More (are we there yet?!?) fixes to bbStringFromUTF()!

* Fixed bbGCValidate bug in blitz_gc_ms.c - thanks Otus!

GfK(Posted 2010) [#2]
Yay!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#3]
Thanks for the update Mark :)

Is there any chance in the near future we could get Brucey's cross-compiling code in an official release of BlitzMax?

Panno(Posted 2010) [#4]
THX

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#5]
Everything going good here so far :-)
Thanks for the string stuff! (my OS X Keychain, Speech and ScriptingBridge modules have now been refactored for 1.38). Yay!

Is there any chance in the near future we could get Brucey's cross-compiling code in an official release of BlitzMax?

Oh... you don't want to go there :-p

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#6]
Thanks for the update :-)

Some nice fixes :)

therevills(Posted 2010) [#7]
Oh... you don't want to go there :-p

May I ask why? And if I can - Why? ;)

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#8]
Why?

Given my BMK is significantly different to the current official one (cross-compile / universal / multi-threaded / lua scriptable), I doubt Mark would want to take that on.
He's got plenty on his plate as it is, and I don't think there's too much interest in this kind of extra functionality. (call it niche, if you will :-)

therevills(Posted 2010) [#9]
Fair enough... I can dream though ;)

Mahan(Posted 2010) [#10]
Thanks a lot for the update.

Does this in any way fix the problems mentioned in this thread: http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88691 ?

Difference(Posted 2010) [#11]
Thanks!

Updated Pub.FreeType to 2.3.11 seems to solve BaH.Cairo font related crashes.

.bmx files associates nicely to the Mac IDE

_JIM(Posted 2010) [#12]

Does this in any way fix the problems mentioned in this thread: http://blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=88691 ?

I am hoping this:

* Fixed bbGCValidate bug in blitz_gc_ms.c - thanks Otus!

is actually the fix.

dmaz(Posted 2010) [#13]
anybody else having maxgui 1.38 compile problems...

C:\Program Files (x86)\BlitzMax\bin>bmk makemods maxgui
Compiling:mshtmlview.cpp
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files (x86)/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/wi
n32maxguiex.mod/mshtmlview.cpp

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#14]
@dmaz: Looks like MinGW is not properly installed

Wiebo(Posted 2010) [#15]
Mark,

nice to see updates coming out more frequently. I am really enjoying this.

dmaz(Posted 2010) [#16]
Looks like MinGW is not properly installed

I'm stupid... a few days ago I was testing a different compiler and had renamed the folder to mingw.old and forgot to change it back. all good now.

JonasL(Posted 2010) [#17]
Out of curiosity, is there any special reason why as of 1.38 MaxGUI for Mac OS X is only available as source code?

Jonas

beanage(Posted 2010) [#18]
Good& Fast Update, Thanks a lot!!

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2010) [#19]
Thanks for keeping the updates rolling. Same question: How come that MaxGUI is only available as source for OSX? Does that serve a special purpose?

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#20]
How come that MaxGUI is only available as source for OSX?

It's not so important that it's source on OS X... on Windows sure, because not everyone has MinGW installed.. but on OS X, you need XCode to do anything anyway.

Spot-Nothing(Posted 2010) [#21]
Makes sense. Thanks for replying, Brucey.

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#22]
Very strange thing with Bmax 1.38 and MacOSX.
I've a project that compile fine and run on my Mac with Bmax1.38 and it doesn't run on another Mac !
Very strange because it doesn't require any file or library.
I use MaxGui 1.38 + Bmax 1.38 and cairo.mod.

Previously with Bmax 134 or 1.36 my program runs on both Mac ?
I've no idea what happens ?
When my customer tries to launch my app it starts and stop immediatly without error. (Debug or release version same...)
Please help me !

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#23]
I've a project that compile fine and run on my Mac with Bmax1.38 and it doesn't run on another Mac !

What versions of OS X are the two machines running?

Dreamora(Posted 2010) [#24]
sounds a lot like you use 10.6 while he is on any of the older, which can be a problem if the wrong libraries and compiler are pulled in

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#25]
sounds a lot like you use 10.6 while he is on any of the older, which can be a problem if the wrong libraries and compiler are pulled in

BlitzMax tries to build against 10.4 (or less?), so I'd hope that wasn't an issue.

But, nevertheless, it's always useful to know more details as to OS versions involved :-)

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#26]
Both are 10.5.8, but it works with previous version of Bmax.
I have chnage nothing and just recompile with bmax 1.38 and nothing works !
It is a big issue because I have to finish my project shortly.
I have no time to debug Bmax...

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#27]
I have no time to debug Bmax...

Then I guess your only option is to reinstall the previous version for now.

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#28]
I have resintall Bmax 1.36 and all works fine. I confirm that both Mac are on 10.5.8.
So bmax 1.38 is buggy for MacOS...
No very good news...

Tachyon(Posted 2010) [#29]
Downloaded the BlitzMax 1.38 package for Macintosh PowerPC. The "About" still says it's 1.37. Can someone confirm that it is the latest build?

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#30]
Can someone confirm that it is the latest build?

Well, I know that Pub.Macos is missing some files, so the distribution may not be entirely correct.
Since I only use the "bcc" exe from it (I use that in my x86 setup for Universal builds), it has not been a problem for me.
Not sure what else might be missing.

TMK(Posted 2010) [#31]
Just as a comment to the above posts, seems like the 1.38 PPC build also is missing the OpenAL fix from 1.38.

I'm having some problems with the newest 1.38's OpenAL fix on Mac Intel though, while it works fine on Windows.

I'm using the following code:

Graphics 400,300
EnableOpenALAudio()
SetAudioDriver("OpenAL")

sound = LoadSound("sound.wav")

While Not KeyDown(key_escape)
	If KeyHit(key_p)
		Print "Playing sound"
		PlaySound sound
	EndIf

Cls
	Flip
Wend

If I use BlitzMax 1.38, and compile and run it on my Mac Mini, it will only play the sound twice, after that it never plays it again when I press the P button.

If I however replace "openalaudio.bmx" with the one from BlitzMax 1.37, and re-build the module, it works fine...

I've tested it on Mac OS Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard, and same result. I haven't had this problem before updating to 1.38 and I only use my Mac Mini for compiling BlitzMax projects...

Is there something I'm doing wrong or does anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

TMK(Posted 2010) [#32]
Anyone been able to test the above on their Mac using the newest BlitzMax 1.38?

sebas76(Posted 2010) [#33]
Bmax 1.38 seems to be buggy on Mac, I have also problem with bmax1.38...

GfK(Posted 2010) [#34]
Anyone been able to test the above on their Mac using the newest BlitzMax 1.38?
Sorry to dig up an old-ish thread. I recently came across this problem in 1.39 and development of the Mac version of my game has ground to a halt because of it. Much frantic googling led me to this thread.

Mark claimed elsewhere that Apple have confirmed there is a bug in OpenAL itself rather than in Blitzmax. That being the case, how come loads of other stuff uses OpenAL and doesn't have audio problems?

Anyway: Tomorrow, I'll try using the OpenAL module from Blitzmax 1.37 on my iMac and let you know what happens... although I believe there was a memory leak fixed after that so rolling back to 1.37 probably isn't the ideal solution. But I'll try anyway.