Problem with changing screen resolution

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Problem with changing screen resolution

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
I can't find the thread, but I remember reading somewhere that BRL changed the OpenGL graphics driver so that you can no longer change screen resolution without losing all the OpenGL textures, buffers, etc. I think this was done because of compatibility issues with some old Intel chips.

I have a client I am writing a commercial architecture visualization product for, and they want to be able to change the screen resolution without reloading the scene. Is there any way the "old" behavior can be restored? I don't think it makes sense to cripple OpenGL functionality because Intel doesn't make compliant hardware. Can you tell me the version of BlitzMax in which this behavior was changed?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#2]
Is there any way the "old" behavior can be restored?

I think you're looking for the GLShareContexts() command...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2010) [#3]
I imagine you're looking for this, from C:\BlitzMax -> versions.txt:

***** 1.32 Release *****

[ ... snip... ]

Added GLShareContexts to enable sharing of OpenGL contexts - should be called before any OpenGL graphics are created.

Dodgy support for GL contexts sharing removed/cleaned up. Multiple GL contexts will no longer be able to share textures/displaylists etc. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever even used multiple GL contexts, but if there is a demand for this it can be re-enabled (code is lurking...). Will probably never work on Vista + IntelGMA9XX chipsets though due to really, really bad drivers.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#4]
Oh okay, I did not realize it is still supported. Thank you.