Eliminating the slight delay for ResumeChannel

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Eliminating the slight delay for ResumeChannel

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#1]
There is a slight delay between the usage of the command and the sound playing, and it is harming the audio quality of my game because the sounds do not match the visual cues. How can I make the sound begin to play pretty much instantly?

Taron(Posted 2010) [#2]
I'm not helping, but sounds to me like you're using freeaudio, which only gave me hell, too. I'm currently experimenting with openAL, which seems to work a bit better.

check out Leadwerks thread...
Better OpenAL

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#3]
I get a compilation error "null object" on source.create when I try to run the example provided.

And I'm currently using the default Bmax audio commands.

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#4]
For OpenAL you need to have the DLL's available on your system if I'm not mistaken.

Use the installer from this page.

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#5]
When I distribute this game (my ultimate plan is to commercialize it) will I need to worry about copyright if I'm using OpenAL? I assume I'd need to include the DLLs in the download.

Thanks for the help.

Taron(Posted 2010) [#6]
I can't find any restrictions...seems like it's redistributable, since it's basically just a driver sort of thing. Not that that's a reliable info, but well...

Pineapple(Posted 2010) [#7]
I got around to installing it yet I still get a compile error.