Financial Functions?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Financial Functions?

William Drescher(Posted 2009) [#1]
Is there a way to use the PMT(), PV(), NPER(), and RATE() functions like in excel, like with a module? Or are they built in by defualt?

I'm doing a project for school that's due really soon so any help you could give is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2009) [#2]
No, you will have to write them.

If you let me know what they calculate in the next 1/2hr, I can get back to you fairly quickly with an idea how to code them, assuming I understand them.

William Drescher(Posted 2009) [#3]
NPER()
The NPER function returns the number of payment periods for a loan or annuity based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and a fixed interest rate.

PMT()
The PMT function returns the fixed periodic payment for a loan or annuity based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and a fixed interest rate.

PV()
The PV function returns the present value of an investment or annuity based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and a fixed interest rate.

RATE()
The RATE function returns the interest rate of an investment, loan, or annuity based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and a fixed interest rate.