Clipboard problems?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Clipboard problems?

Docster(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hello all! :)

I'm having big problems using copy and paste in BlitzMax (BlitzIDE 1.36).

Don't know if this is just me, or if anyone else has the same problem?

When copying something from e.g the forum, and pasting it into the IDE, it sometimes pastes an old clipboard or even nothing.

I'm running on Windows 7. Is this a known problem under Windows 7? Or an IDE problem?

Thanks in advance,
Docster

zambani(Posted 2009) [#2]
I'm not to sure if this helps but I had problems like that with other apps and it turned out to be a problem with my wireless keyboard.

Docster(Posted 2009) [#3]
Well, no. I don't have a wireless keyboard, in matter of fact I don't have any wireless components on my computer. But I got a Logitech G19 keyboard.

I also have another problem with the IDE that I forgot to mention. When searching for something in the IDE, a dialog box appears saying e.g: "Could not find '2426948'" ..

When running on Windows XP, this never occured. So, it must be related to Windows 7 some how.

PS!
I found out today that; If I pressed ctrl+v ALOT of times, the clipboard would some times paste the clipboard. This makes no sense to me. hehe.

Doc

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
The 'could not find 2426948' issue is a known bug, and not specific to windows 7 -- it's just very intermittent, and more prominent on some computers than others. There's a different thread here somewhere about tracking down the cause for that.

The last thought was that it could be due to a small bug in the garbage collector rearing its head, which might have been resolved in the 1.36 Blitzmax update. If you have MaxGUI, try to recompile the blitzmax IDE and see if that makes any difference for you.

I found out today that; If I pressed ctrl+v ALOT of times

Just out of curiosity: Does it work better if you use Shift+Insert instead, or is that just as unreliable? Or what if you use your other control key?

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#5]
I have a lot of problems in all programs with copy/paste in Vista/7.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#6]
don't have any copy/paste probs myself in Windows 7 (neither 32 nor 64 bit)

Docster(Posted 2009) [#7]
Just out of curiosity: Does it work better if you use Shift+Insert instead, or is that just as unreliable? Or what if you use your other control key?

Actually... Shift+Ins works perfectly. When using CTRL+V, it MAY paste it's clipboard, while shift+ins pasted the clipboard instantly. :) I need to test it some more, to really verify it.

I have a lot of problems in all programs with copy/paste in Vista/7.

Not for me. For me it's just the BlitzIDE that causes clipboard problems.