New BLIde 00.10.03 A available

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/New BLIde 00.10.03 A available

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#1]
There's a new BLIde Plus version 00.10.03 A avaiable. For newcomers, BLIde is an IDE (integrated development environment) for BlitzMax for windows. For more information see here: http://www.blide.org

This is the changelog:

[*] Fixed some 'text getting overwritten' when autolist completion was performed in some istuations

[*] Updated the BLIde ZAP utility to work with the new BLIde Framewrok configuration, so it now works 'out of the box'.

[*] BLIde now integrates a sort of internal 'dictionary' for BlitzMax reserved words that are not part of any module (such as While, Wend, Function, For, Next, etc.) . This dictionary will be included in the intelligent autolist (Ctrl + Space).

[*] Case correction algorithms is now able to case current type identifiers and current block-scope locals. locals scope calculation is based on function/method, so any function or method with several locals with the same name, will share case.

[*] Section selection combo boxes now have a more precise algorithm, so single line definitions are not considered blocks any more, so they revert back to their container after selection.

[*] On the BLIde SDK, the 'Keyword' class now has a Definition_EndLine accesible property that informs on where a multiline keyword block, such as a Type, Method or Function ends.

[*] Several speed optimizations on the Auto-list generation algorithm.

[*] BLIde was not releasing a file handle for the BlitzMax changes log information file, so this file could not be updated while BLIde was running.

[*] New Find and Replace system integrated on BLIde. This new system has a very improved scope-selection system and it is not based any more on caret position inside a given file. It works much more like the Visual Studio IDE.

[*] New sort-of-predictive intellimprompt system that produces intelliprompt suggestions as you type. This new system can improve a lot development time using BlitzMax.

I think the new intelliprompt algorithm will make BlitzMax coding an absolute pleasure with this new additions but, if anyone wants the IDE to be less automated, the new predictive algorithm can be disabled on the BLIde preferences dialog.

Additionally, a BLIde Free Edition update will come before christmass.

Remember to consider purchasing BLIde Plus if you use regulary BLIde Free Edition, to support BLIde development.

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#2]
the new intellimprompt is nice but is any on chance you can do it like I asked about a long time ago?... mobile phone/unix shell type auto word insertion, xcode has now had this for a little while and it's very sweet.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#3]
@dmaz: The internal component BLIde is using do not support this. As I own the source code, I could take a look to implement it somehow, but it is not a trivial addition and I'm not sure there's enough demand for this right now... I remember your request and I did toke a look to it just to see if I could implement it easilly in top of current text renderer, but it was not really feasible without a big rewrite of some areas of the editor control BLIde is using.

jonwalker(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hi Manel,

Is this the best place to put in a request for Blide? I've been really enjoying using the system, it's made development a lot more enjoyable. :o)

A problem I have is when debugging and single stepping through code. If I scroll the variable list window down to watch a variable and then perform a Step, the list is reset, thus forcing me to then re-find the variable in the list. This can be quite time consuming!

Any chance it would be possible to save the state of the variable list, that is the expanded tree and the current list position? In this way on a Step it would show the same variable and make debugging easier. :o)

Thanks, Jon

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#5]
If you select an item in the list, it will jump back to the selected item on the next step.

therevills(Posted 2009) [#6]
Thanks for the update Ziggy :)

But you got rid of a really handy feature with the Find/Replace :(

Its when you are have got a word selected and you bring up Find/Replace, the word which you have got selected should be auto-populated in the Find What textfield.

Even worse... you cant even paste using CTRL-P into the Find What textfield now :'(

Could you please add this back into BLide.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#7]
One more vote against new Find/Replace.

I'd like to keep the Find dialog on top, and simply use Enter to perform "Find Next" while searching, and after searching I always press Esc to CLOSE the dialog.
I think most of other text-editors behave this way.

Predictive intellisense is nice, but I'd prefer more control over my code.
:)

therevills(Posted 2009) [#8]
after searching I always press Esc to CLOSE the dialog.

Me too :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#9]
I'll add the ESC closing the window, the Ctrl+V and the Select text + Ctrl V in the next release ASAP. This release will come faster than regular updates. It is a priority now.

Predictive intellisense is nice, but I'd prefer more control over my code.
What do you mean? You have the same control over your code, haven't you? (or am I missing anything?) :D

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#10]

What do you mean?

It feels a bit like I'm told how to type the code.
Maybe it's just helping too much for me.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#11]
@Tommo: Ah ok, yes, then you better disable it. I love it but I'm so used to latest Visual Studio IDE.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#12]
I agree with Tommo, the predicting keywords like While and Wend thing is kind of a pain in the butt. When you finish typing Wend, you have to press entert twice to advance to the next line now, the first enter selects Wend from the drop down box, the second finally does a carriage return.

Yes, the selected word should go intot he find box as others have said.

Also, when lock windows is on, you can't even move the Find dialog box around. That is kinda lame. I think if a window isn't docked, then you should be able to move it, even if lock windows is on.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#13]
@TaskMaster: I'm working on the completion issue and I have almost ready most all of the Find&Replace issues mentioned here, so an update is schedulled maybe tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. This will include the "find&replace window being also locked" fix.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#14]
Cool Ziggy.

Also, when locked windows is on, can you make it so the tabs of the open source files can still be reordered? I like lock windows on so I don't accidentally dock/undock, or move the menus around, but I would still like to be able to reorder the tabs the files are in.

qim(Posted 2009) [#15]
One thing I'm really missing in BLIde is line deletion. ;-) Usually it's used with a shortcut like Ctrl+E or Ctrl+Y. That would be really fancy.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#16]
@qim: You mean lete current line?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#17]
New Update available 00.10-04-A
changelog:
[*] Modified the Completion behaviour. Now when an autolist is completed using the ENTER key, this key is also passed to the editor control, so the CR is also implemented ala visual studio.

[*] Search&Replace dialog now can be closed using the ESC key

[*] Search&Replace dialog now gets the selectec text as the defaulr search parameter when the dialog is shown.

[*] Search&Replace was unmoveable if it was shown when the whole layout was set to 'blocked'. This has been fixed

[*] Ctrl+F3 reverse-search implemented in the form of a Stack. If after a search operation you want to go back to the previous item, you can use Ctrl+F3.

[*] When changing to the last tab with some skins, the close button could fail to become entirely visible. This has been fixed.

[*] Some tab rendering glitches have been corrected in some BLIde skins.

[*] When dragging over tabs the editor window was only selected, not activated too. This has been fixed.

[*] A document with an ampersand in its name would be measured incorrectly under certain BLIde skins, introducing some visual glitches. That's been fixed.

[*] Fixed some internal dependencies issues on some third party components BLIde is using

[*] Line numbers on the edit view could be shown with wrong metrics and get clipped. This has also been fixed.

Predictive intelliprompt will play a lot nicer with ENTER key now (well it does exactly the same as Visual Studio 2008).

EDIT: A new build is available with the option to have the Autocompletion ENTER change customizable.

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#18]
qim, Ctrl-X will delete (actually cut to the clipboard) the current line if nothing is highlighted on the line.

qim(Posted 2009) [#19]
@ziggy: Yeah, I meant delete current line. I tried TaskMaster's shortcut and it works, but that's not a good way, if it deletes my clipboard. Couldn't you put "Explore current file's folder" to something like Ctrl+Shift+E and use Ctrl+E for line deletion? That would make more sense imho.

Tachyon(Posted 2009) [#20]
[*] Modified the Completion behaviour. Now when an autolist is completed using the ENTER key, this key is also passed to the editor control, so the CR is also implemented ala visual studio.

I don't like this. I have spent years doing it the old way, now this relly screws me up!! :P Any chance we can have this as an option, because I don't know why anyone would want to start a new line after a completion.

_JIM(Posted 2009) [#21]
@Tachyon Why not use Tab for completion? I was used to Enter a while ago and had troubles like you, but noticed most inteliprompts work with Tab so I changed my habbit :)

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#22]
THE ENTER KEY THING IS DRIVING ME INSANE

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#23]
Modified the Completion behaviour. Now when an autolist is completed using the ENTER key, this key is also passed to the editor control, so the CR is also implemented ala visual studio.

Ok, I'll make this optional. I didn't thought it would be such a problematic thing as this is how VS works since 2005 version but, as it seems this has to be made optional, I'll release an update in some hours time. For those that are really disliking this behaviour, you can get the previous version here: http://www.blide.org/plus/blide-plus-00-10-01-a.exe Autentication will be requiered.

EDIT: In latest update you can customize this, so no need to 'really' make a roll back.

GfK(Posted 2009) [#24]
Ziggy - while you're here; my blideplus subscription runs out in a few days and what with xmas i can't afford to renew - will i still be able to buy an extra 6 months from january or have to buy a new blide licence?

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#25]
I'm waiting till after the new year too, as mine has just recently gone...

Dabz

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#26]
Ok, a new version is available due regular updates system, this version has the new ENTER key behaviour customizable in the preferences dialog.
As a side note, on BLIde, you should only complete using ENTER if you need a new line. Otherwise, you can complete with any operator, parenthesis or space (so, to say, if you just continue typing what's next, BLIde will complete it for you, wich makes it a very recommendable experience using BLIde).
Tlist.AddF<--You write a ( here, you get: Tlist.AddFirst( No need to use the Enter key.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#27]
I guess old habits just die hard Ziggy ;)

On 00.10.04 A, when using the find and replace, when I click replace, and then click find next, the search returns back to the start of the page.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#28]
@Czar: Thanks for the info, I'll fix this replace for the next regular update. (this is an easy one).
@Gfk: You can purchase the six months updates at any time. If this ever changes, I'll make an anouncement with enought time (months time). Anyway, currently there are no plans to change the licensing model, so it is ok if you want to wait for the new year to purchase additional updates time.

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#29]
Otherwise, you can complete with any operator

this is really nice, thanks!

Armitage 1982(Posted 2009) [#30]
Nice update :-)
I don't know why anyone would want to start a new line after a completion.

Me too in fact !
There is more situation when you don't need them compared to those where you need.
I didn't test the whole stuff enough but I'm nearly sure I will disable this new feature.

I just need to convert my enter habit by ( or . and that should be fine.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#31]
There is more situation when you don't need them compared to those where you need.

Not really, if you use ENTER only when you really need it, then it's 100% of the cases :) Anyway, now it is configurable so, no prob, everybody should be happy.
I just need to convert my enter habit by ( or . and that should be fine.
It works ok if you just consider than when an item in an autolist is hilighted in blue, if you just continue coding like the word has been inserted, BLIde will know it and will add the word. After a completion there is always a new line or an operator. BLIde is ready to detect this so you can code a lot faster (once you forget you have to use ENTER or TAB. You don't really have to).

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#32]
By the way, forgot to mention that if you delete the Color definition folder inside your BLIde Framework folder, (in My Documents), BLIde will now load the new default color schemas for BLIde Plus, that have some new text color definitions available. Some of them use the Consolas font available on windows vista and windows 7, so If you're using another OS, a default font will replace Consolas.

jonwalker(Posted 2009) [#33]
Thanks TaskMaster :o)

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#34]
I'm with you jonwalker...

I don't know why anyone would want to start a new line after a completion.

Are you guys kidding me? With the new behavior the way it was, you could type "Wend" and press enter and not get a new line. You could type EndIf and press enter and not get a new line. The new behavior was causing me crazy grief.

What I don't understand is why you guys are pressing enter to select things from that box, since you could press space or tab or a parenthesis or whatever.

If you had been using it correctly from the get go... and not taught yourselves some bad habits... ;) (kidding here, see the wink)...

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#35]
From the preferences menu:
Populate ENTER key con code autolists completion
That makes no sense. "Start a new line after pressing ENTER on the autolist menu" would be better.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#36]
Thanks Czar, changed for next update... I'm doing my best regarding English, but you know, it's not my mother tongue and that makes it a very difficult for me. Any correction in this respect is very appreciated.

EDIT: Wouldn't this be better: "Start a new line after pressing ENTER on autolists" ? I say this becouse Autolists are not menus.

Czar Flavius(Posted 2009) [#37]
Yah :D

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#38]
BLide used to prompt a save dialog for unsaved "Untitled" files, it's handy.
But it seems removed in new version.
Can you make it back?
Thanks!

And merry christmas!

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#39]
ziggy... did you change the case of Wend to WEnd? yuck... I really don't like that...

[edit] actually, it's only in the auto completed loop... once you newline from WEnd it's switches it to Wend.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#40]
@dmaz: The commands case is based on how those commands are documented in the BlitzMax-generated commands file, so BLIde has nothing to do with it. I changed it to Wend on correction becouse of the internal Max parser inheriting some functionallity from a pre-existing vb parser I made.

@Tommo: They're now saved in the TMP folder of the BLIde Framework. If you press the Save toolbox item, or press Ctrl+S it'll ask for a name. I could make it to request a name also when a program is going to be run if you think it'll make things better... ?

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#41]
I take Ctrl+Shift+N as a shortcut for "New BMX file", not only for temporary ones. If you can simplify the "New single file" dialog, I will be happy to use that instead(I find Ctrl-N is now assigned to it).

In my opinion, "New file dialog" should be just a "file type selector": Arrow keys to select file type, Enter to confirm, Escape to cancel. Filename will only be required when you're going to run or save the file.
To unify the behavior, a "temporary BMX file" is saved right after created, with a generated name (more temporary ones than "Untitled-N").

What do you think? :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#42]
@Tommo: Sounds good... I'll give it a try. The only thing is that a filename is requiered for BLIde to put the file into its internal database, so a temp file will be always asigned.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#43]
Hi Ziggy,

I'm working on an unmanged project and I usually have the main window area divided into two edit windows.

I've noticed that I have to set the edit windows up like this manually.

Should BLIde remember this configuration when I restart it, reload the unmanged project?

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#44]
@Arowx: This is not serialized, so BLIde can't remember this between runs. I'll add this for the next update.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#45]
The only thing is that a filename is requiered for BLIde to put the file into its internal database, so a temp file will be always asigned.

That's why I suggest use other naming scheme for temporary files."Untitled-N" is used for unsaved files. You can tell whether the file is unsaved or temporary by its name.

AndyGFX(Posted 2009) [#46]
Hi Ziggy,

i have little problem with 10.04 B version. After loading/creating unmanaged project, Blide is freezed on phase "Restoring managed solution".

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#47]
@AndyGFX: It seems to be something releated to threading when loading the deprecated unmanaged projects. I've added several syncronization security points for the next BLIde update. As you told em by email that this is not affecting you any more, I'll release the fix in the regular BLIde updates.

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#48]
Hi Ziggy. How's holiday going?

Some issues about Find/Replace dialog here:

1) When you do "replace all", BLIde will replace replaced words recursively, which might cause a dead cycle. For example, "up" -> "lookup".
2) TAB-index seems incorrect for Find/Replace dialog.
3) Alt-F/Alt-R/Alt-A shortcuts for "Find Next" "Replace" "Replace All" are missing.

That's all. :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#49]
@Tommo:
1) When you do "replace all", BLIde will replace replaced words recursively, which might cause a dead cycle. For example, "up" -> "lookup".
Thanks. This has been fixed for the next update.

2) TAB-index seems incorrect for Find/Replace dialog.
The same. It's been fixed. Belive it or not... I've just discovered that tab indexes on .net does not follow the same logic as in ancient visual basic and I was writing the indexes unordered... After all this years... It's always a good time to learn something new (or something old)

Alt-F/Alt-R/Alt-A shortcuts for "Find Next" "Replace" "Replace All" are missing.

This has also been fixed....
EDIT: Alt-F, Alt-R etc, can interfere with menu shortcuts (Alt-F is the File menu). This is handled by the OS and dows not work always becouse of the duplicate. Not much I can do here.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#50]
Update available 00.10.05-A
[*] A small fix in the Module's database system now prevents some bbdoc: documentation to be unaccesible on the parameter hints popup, when several modules were implementing the same function and some of the modules did have undocumented implementations.

[*] Improved BLIde main form position, status and size serialization. Now it serializes window restore positions when BLIde is closed from a maximized status

[*] More detailed information is displayed while restoring the session of a managed solution.

[*] Managed solutions now store information about split editor code windows, as long as the split code windows are opened in the document container.

[*] Unmanaged solutions now store information about split editor code windows for all code windows in the solution.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making it impossible (sometimes) to launch BLIde from a SDK project, in Visual Studio 2008, when using a 64 bits version of windows.

[*] Added some documentation about the BLIde Framework folder in the BLIde documentation, so now you can now know what each file is.

[*] Regular Expression on the Find and Replace dialog are now case insensitive Removed small beep when closing the Find&Replace dialog using the ESC key and the TextToFind combobox had focus

[*] Fixed an issue that could cause recursive infinite search/replace when Replace all was performed and the text being replaced was containing the target text

[*] Fixed TAB order on the Find and Replace dialoge

Enjoy!

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#51]
[*] Fixed an issue that could cause recursive infinite search/replace when Replace all was performed and the text being replaced was containing the target text

Funny glitch =p

Anyways:

-Having some redraw issues on the top menu bar, and on the debug panel when docked. Edit: On a LOT of controls...weird.
-Minimize + maximize having some major delay (likely something to do with redraw as well?).
-Find in files...I use this even more than find/replace in single files. It would be decent to have a global search/replace function, not to mention at least be able to select from a list of previous 'find in files' searches.
-Moving frames or anything is causing the delay as well. I'm on what some call a space machine (and there isn't any interfering apps), so it has nothing to do with low-end pc's.

-The 'building' menu, I think personally should scale to the type of file you're working on. It would be cool to have a feature like notepad++ where I can use a shortcut or select from the build menu to run a .html file in IE, firefox, chrome, etc without having to do that manually. Just a suggestion.

Really digging some of recent features. Purchasing another x months of updates has held no regret by me :)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#52]
-Having some redraw issues on the top menu bar, and on the debug panel when docked. Edit: On a LOT of controls...weird.
At any moment in concrete? I would love to see if there's anything I can do there... Can you provide OS version and if there's any aereo or the like enabled? Also, your computer specs would be helpful :D

It would be decent to have a global search/replace function, not to mention at least be able to select from a list of previous 'find in files' searches.

ehem... mmm... the new find and replace does all this. You can drop down the combo to get the list of recent searched words, and you can select 'current file', 'current tabbed documents', 'all files' and 'current selection' as the search/replace scope. Also you can use regular expressions (using the RegEx language) to make complex searches in the scope you wish. Also the configuration of this search/replace is serialized between runs. All in all, much better than the old find in files (unless you want a clickable list of search results.)

The 'building' menu, I think personally should scale to the type of file you're working on. It would be cool to have a feature like notepad++ where I can use a shortcut or select from the build menu to run a .html file in IE, firefox, chrome, etc without having to do that manually. Just a suggestion.
Yes, that would be cool :D I'll take a look to it in the future.

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#53]
'all files'

Oh nice, I missed this.

At any moment in concrete?

You know, I think this is occuring after every new install the first couple times I run it. I've had the issue randomly in the past, then it would appear to go away.

I just closed it down for a while and worked on some other things, opened it back up and it was fine. This wasn't the case on a quick restart of the program though..

Can you provide OS version and if there's any aereo or the like enabled?

On WinXP SP3. I wouldn't dare develop on win vista/7 unless I was forced to =p
3.2ghz multicore
4gb (3 usable..) ram

jkrankie(Posted 2009) [#54]
not liking the new 'return key puts new line in if you try to auto complete with it' feature. Other than that, it seems much improved.

Cheers
Charlie

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#55]
@jkankie: Just in case you don't know it, you can disable it. (but I recommend you to use ENTER only when you want a new line after completion, and any other operator when you need it, so you can code a lot faster).

Tommo(Posted 2009) [#56]
A small mistake in parsing constants.
Const K = $100

BLIde will take 'K' as a string type (shown by press F2).

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#57]
@Tommo: Thanks for pointing this out. This has been fixed for the next revision.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#58]
New version 10.01.07 A available:
changelog:
[*] Fixed an issue that could cause BLIde hung, when several BLIde threads or instances where trying to access the WinRegister.Bliof file in the BLIde Framework folder at the same time.

[*] Fixed an issue that could leave a managed solution in an unstable status after renaming a program manager.

[*] Fixed some issues when parsing constants and global variables with a given structure in the declaration code.

[*] Fixed some issues when parsing documents with wrong identifiers nesting.

[*] Added several improvements on the Code Analyzer.

[*] BLIde now considers a bad practicle to declare Local variables that can hide enclosing local variables. If this is done, a warning is displayed in the code window. Example:
Function MyFunction:String(value:Int)
   Local MyVariable1:int = 0
   For Local I:int = 0 to 100
     Local MyVariable1:Int = I
     Print MyVariable1
   Next
End Function
In this example, the second MyVariable is hiding the first one, inside the For/Next Block. BLIde will detect this and display a warning as this can contribute to make the code harder to maintain and debug.

[*] NEW: BLIde will try to register a system scope based shortcut key to stop the execution of the application being debugged (even if the application is running full screen and it has the user focus). This shortcut is Ctrl + Alt + Q. This shortcut will work even if BLIde is not the active application, so it can be used in any game being debugged to kill its process without having to go the Ctrl + alt + Del route, wich is hi CPU demanding and can take 'for ever' to load if the game is stuck at a infinite loop, or unable to release the graphics context and polled input.

[*] Changed BLIde versioning to reflect release year/month/day/revision of every release.

[*] BLIde solutions will now serialize Folded/unfolded states for solution documents, when possible, so they're stored and reloaded between Solution save/load operations.(*)

This update is available to BLIde Plus users as always, go to help/Check for BLIde Updates to install the update automatically, or get it at the customer's section of the BLIde website.

(*) IMPORTANT: When working on a project where several developers are involved, if the project is loaded and saved using a BLIde Free Edition, this information will be lost, as BLIde Free Edition does not currently support this feature.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#59]
Thanks for the update Ziggy.

A small issue still exists with the new Find and Replace dialog, you can not copy from the fields within the dialog using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+P - for example I want to copy what is in the "Find what" text field and paste it into the "Replace with" text field. (I then would alter the replace text).

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#60]
Thanks Ziggy!

And another bug report here.
"Replace All" ignores hidden text even if "Search hidden text" is on.

I suggest making "Replace All" ignore "Search hidden text" option, and always replace all text, since "Replace all unhidden text" makes no sense at all.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#61]
@Tommo: That makes sense... mmm... Giving it a thought...
@therevills: Ctrl+C shortcut keys added to the find/replace combos on for next update.

Retimer(Posted 2010) [#62]
@therevills: Ctrl+C shortcut keys added to the find/replace combos on for next update.

Ahh thank you!

therevills(Posted 2010) [#63]

Excellent thanks Ziggy!

Also thanks for adding Ctrl+Alt+Q to stop a running program - I've only just seen that, when did you add it?

Just found another issue with the Find function, I search for a word in one file (tab), I then move to another file and press F3 expecting BLide to search the selected file, but it searches the original file.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#64]
Also thanks for adding Ctrl+Alt+Q to stop a running program - I've only just seen that, when did you add it?
In this latest update. It is a global shortcut key, so it should run even when the application being debugged is fullscreen and focused. But as a global shortcut key, it is only available on a single BLIde instance at a time. It is a lot 'faster' than going the Ctrl + Alt + Del route when something suddently hungs.

I search for a word in one file (tab), I then move to another file and press F3 expecting BLide to search the selected file, but it searches the original file
This is going to be fixed on the next update.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#65]
Update 10.01.15-A
changelog:
[*] Added a new MinGW compiler manager that lets BLIde enable MinGW on BlitzMax without having to modify anything in the host system. It just works by telling BLIde where MinGW is installed

[*] Added a new Optimized System Console. This is a regular windows command line console, but integrates all the BlitzMax\Bin tools in its path environment variables, and all the MinGW tools.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Find and Replace dialog buttons to not work always.

[*] Added Ctrl+C to the Find and Replace dialog combo boxes

[*] Changed: When a search operation is set to 'This File' scope, the search operation is reset when the user select another document in the editor tab control.

[*] Changed: Replace all button ignores hidden/shown areas, as this is the default behavior in most IDEs.

[*] BLIde will use now the SDK system BLIdeFileSys dll to perform all disc location and accesses. This is a step forward into making BLIde portable.

[*] Updated the BlitzColors Max color theme so it uses the same colors as the default theme in MaxIDE.

[*] Added a BLIde change log in the BLIde About window.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the option "test latest build on a real console" not work properly with debug builds with the .debug.exe mark.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the option "test latest build on a real console" not work properly with unmanaged solutions.

[*] It was possible to crash BLIde while navigating the Framework inspector, when the internal modules structure had some missing references. This has been fixed.

[*] Fixed an issue that could hung BLIde when it was loading a managed solution at startup and the solution had a specific documents structure.

[*] Managed solutions now load faster and flickering has been reduced.

Enjoy!

EDIT: There's a new stability fix release 10.01.17-A that fixes:
[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when loading a managed solution created with a very old BLIde version.
[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde crash when loading a managed solution that was not stored at its original disk location.

Updating is highly recommended to those using managed solutions

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#66]
Hi Ziggy! I encountered a bug on the code analyzer.
Code like this will make BLide fall into the dead cycle.
Type bomb Extends bomb
End Type

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#67]
@Tommo:
Thanks! fixed for the next release.

Yahfree(Posted 2010) [#68]

Don't be scared by the mass code, but there seems to be a problem with collapsing the "TCollision" type.. It collapses the rest of the program.

Zeke(Posted 2010) [#69]
Type test
	Method test1:Int()
	'^^ collapse this method, and see bug.

If bug([10, 20]) = 1 Then Return True
		'remove [ and ] brackets and no bug.
	End Method

Method test2:Int()	
	End Method
End Type

^^this show above bug.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#70]
Arrgs!! That one is level 2... Hope to get a fix for this outlining issue on the next update.

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#71]
Another parser issue:
function intfunc ( str$)
end function

"intfunc" above will be recognized as a String() type.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#72]
@Tommo: Can't replicate it. Any 'complete' source code for me to look at?

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#73]
its showing int function, string parameter here

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#74]
@_Skully: That's expected and exactly the same I'm getting here... Maybe Tommo has something configured different, or confused the parameter datatype with the function datatype?

EDIT: Ok, found a combination of several parser parameters that could potentially cause the issue Tommo is seeing. Fixed for the next release.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#75]
Hi Ziggy great work with the IDE, but I've noticed something using two seperate machines to develope on...

Blide requests that I tell it where the poject directory is on each machine, only the BLIde project file is in the root directory of the project and therefore if Blide were to simply append the directory strucutre from that point on it would not need to ask where the project directory is!

E.g.

Machine A... Drive D://DirA/DirB/DirC/ProjectDir/...
Machine B... Dirve C://DirZ/DirY/DirB/DirC/ProjectDir/...

Keep up the great work Ziggy!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#76]
@Arowx: Can you provide wich kind of project are you working on, and wich BLIde version are you using? It should store only relative folders, but it would be easier for me to see if there's anything there with a bit of additional information, or a sample project that replicates it!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#77]
New BLIde update available 10.01.24-A:
[*] Fixed an issue that could make BLIde hung with 100% CPU load when declaring a type that extends itself.

[*] Fixed an issue that could confuse the intellimprompt engine when using a specific data type declarations structure with a non-standard BLIde configuration.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making BLIde provide wrong folding nodes when implicit arrays were passed as parameters in functions, and those functions were part of an IF declaration.

[*] Fixed an issue that could hung BLIde with 100% CPU load when loading a solution with a very complex and big files structure due .Net not allocating enough memory.

[*] Optimized BLIde performance on computers running 64 bits versions of Windows.

[*] BLIde now operates a bit faster in some areas that require fast memory allocation.

Updating is highly recommended.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#78]
@Ziggy unmanaged project with
Main folder / source folder / Data Folder

The main folder has the Blide project file in it and may have include libraries in folders.

The source folder has the all of the code and then data folder holds gfx/sfx/data.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#79]
@Arowx: Can you send me the bls file?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#80]
Lil feature request: Would it be at all possible to have an 'X' on each individual tab to close it?

I often work with 12-15 tabs open at once and it'd be nice to just be able to click on a tab to close it, instead of clicking on the tab, all the way across to the close gadget to click on it, then click on another tab, right back over to close... etc etc...

One more thing - when I close a tab, focus automatically goes to the left-most tab (which is normally the help/welcome page). Would it be possible to maintain an internal cache of which tabs I visited most recently? That way, when I close one it'd go to the tab I was on previously.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#81]
@Gfk: I'll give it a look to see how complex to implement this would be. I usually use Ctrl+TAB and Ctrl+W to move to a given tab and close it. It's very handy (in case you haven't noticed those shortcuts).

GfK(Posted 2010) [#82]
I wasn't aware of the shortcuts, but I'm not a huge fan of keyboard shortcuts anyway with the exception of the stuff for copy/paste/etc that's widely accepted as standard in any app.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#83]
New update available (10.02.01-A)
This is the changelog:
[*] Fixed an issue that could hung BLIde when the local shortcuts tree was visible, and the local shortcuts tree structure was too complex for the regular WinAPI sorting directive (COM status update was failing miserably).

[*] Improved memory management when using BLIde. BLIde has a smaller memory footprint.

[*] Fixed: Local Shortcuts Tree now only includes BMX and LUA files to prevent the use of unnecessary resources.

[*] Small speed-up when loading a managed solution

[*] Added some security checks when loading an unmanaged solution to prevent GDI running out of memory when loading very big unmanaged solutions at BLIde start-up

[*] Improved error-reporting when (if ever) BLIde fails to load an unmanaged solution.

[*] Changed the way BLIde registers the global Ctrl+Alt+Q shortcut. It is registered and released at every application run, so several BLIde instances play nicer, and it interferes a lot less with other applications.

[*] Added a new bmx color schema to BLIde color definitions named Obsidian, by hamZta

Retimer(Posted 2010) [#84]
Finding some issues with the intellipromptL

Function TestFunction:Int()
	Return 0
End Function

Local Val:Int = testfunction()

Notice the lower-case 'testfunction'. I'm not getting any assistance on the completion for that function, nor it is fixing the letter case.

Any chance for a change with that?

Chalky(Posted 2010) [#85]
@ziggy:
Thanks for all the recent updates.

Have noticed a slightly irritating "feature" which seems to have been introduced on or around 10-01-15-a (I can't remember exactly when) where a definite pause occurs every time the cursor moves off an edited line. It's only for half a second or so - but can mean the cursor jumps several lines up or down if the up/down keys are held too long during the pause. Sometimes I comment out several lines in a row in very quick succession - this can now be quite tedious if I am having to constantly wait for Blide to catchup.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#86]
@Retimer: Case correction is disabled on declarations such as Local, Function, field, const, etc. Otherwise it was impossible to correct the case on a self declared keyword. I'll improve parsing here on next updates. Not really a but but a not yet implemented feature that is already in the todo list.

@Chalky: this can be caused by the local variables case-correction algorithm, wich needs a bit of reparsing at every line changed event. I will make my best to optimize this but if you could provide some system specs, and a sample bmx file that causes this for you, it would make thinks a lot easier for me. I'm now working on a T9800 dual core and I see the parsing fly with the files I'm working on in my game, but it can be becouse of my coding style can be more parser-friendly or maybe my files are a lot smaller or maybe you have something in code that is making BLIde go slowly and I can optimize things... I understand what you say, but there are lots of possible things causing a delay there, as there are lots of things happening in the background so I would need a bit of help in order to improve this!

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#87]
I thinking of buying the Blide Plus(BLIde Plus + lifetime updates) but put off by the asking price of £85(including vat)

GfK(Posted 2010) [#88]
I thinking of buying the Blide Plus(BLIde Plus + lifetime updates) but put off by the asking price of £85(including vat)
Buy a cheaper option then?

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#89]
if I buy Blide plus and 1 yrs update....if the update run out....how much do i have pay for update again?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#90]
€18/6 months

Hotshot2005(Posted 2010) [#91]
thank you GFK :)

TMK(Posted 2010) [#92]
I love BLIde but the newest version gave me a problem.

After updating to the newest version, every time I load a project it takes about 1-2 minutes to finish loading. It shows the message "Preparing local shortcuts window..." while waiting. This has never happened before (usually loads a project within 5 secs), and I used the previous version before updating. The project file is a ".blide" with "VERSION=2.0" at the top in the file.

Also, another problem, although this has been in many versions. If I use BLIde a lot, and have a lot of Undo's, if I then undo back a lot by holding down the Ctrl+Z until it stops, and then want to redo back, and hold down Ctrl+Y, it often doesn't work and instead says:

"Can't redo. No changes have been undone".

Making me loose my undo history. Any way you can check that out? Thanks :)

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#93]
@TMK: I'll take a look to this for the next version. Can I know your system specs?

TMK(Posted 2010) [#94]
Sure, here's my specs:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
GFX Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS

Thanks, ziggy! Please let me know if you want more info :)

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#95]
@TMK: It's weird becouse all the code that is involved in the 'Preparing local shortcuts window' is the same since very old versions. I've found a small area where I can add a noticeable improvement in unmanaged solutions loading time, and this will be available in the next update.

TMK(Posted 2010) [#96]
Actually I checked it on my brother's computer now, it's the same laptop specs I got, but there it waits on the "Opening tabbed doc ...bmx" message that's before it, so it might not be related to the "Prepating local shortcuts window" code...

GfK(Posted 2010) [#97]
Found a problem in 10.02.01A.

I clicked on "Open optimized system console" (accidentally, as its right next to the "build and run" icon). BLIde crashed (and does so every time I click it).

It says "File not found".

Amon(Posted 2010) [#98]

Found a problem in 10.02.01A.

I clicked on "Open optimized system console" (accidentally, as its right next to the "build and run" icon). BLIde crashed (and does so every time I click it).

It says "File not found".

Same here!

Mahan(Posted 2010) [#99]
For me "Open optimized system console" works.

I'm currently using Windows 7 professional.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#100]
@Gfk or Amon: I'll take a look to it for the next update. Can you tell me if the 'configure MinGW compiler' window opens properly and if it provides proper information about MinGW?

GfK(Posted 2010) [#101]
Mine says MinGW location is unknown, but accessible via environment variables.

I just went into Set MinGW Location and set it to C:\MinGW, but I still get the error (even after restarting BLIde).

PS: Check your email! ;)

Amon(Posted 2010) [#102]
Mine works now after a redownload and install. A different problem though when installing and running BLIde Afterwards were several error box popups to do with .net. I clicked ok 3 times and tried again but the error messages don't show again.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2010) [#103]
..hey Ziggy..intellimprompt system doesnt recognize this line so entire line has to be typed..

>>self.something=self.something[..self.something.Length+1]<<

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#104]
@Gfk: Got it! Thanks for the email. It'll be fixed in the next update. If anyone is on a hurry, just drop me an email and I'll prepare a set-up for you before the official release.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#105]
Ziggy,

Ive just updated to 10.02.01A and now BLide hangs when trying to open my project :(

My Blide project is based on the deprecated .blide file.

I was going back to 10.01.24 from your site but I cant find the download link...

Please help!

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#106]
Download link for 10.01.24: http://www.blide.org/plus/blide-plus-10-02-01-a.exe
Anyway, an update is schedulled for today that should fix some issues loading blide solutions.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#107]
New BLIde update available. This is mainly an stability update.

[*] Improved unmanaged solutions loading time.

[*] Improved slightly managed solutions loading time.

[*] Fixed an issue that could break the undo history of a document being edited.

[*] Fixed an issue that could prevent BLIde from opening the BlitzMax+MinGW optimized system console

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the BLIde Output Console to not use the proper system-defined window text fore color to render text

Tachyon(Posted 2010) [#108]
REPARSING!

[edit] In case this didn't make sense, I am seeing a bunch of messages printed to the output window that I think were meant for you. For example, I get "REPARSING!" printed anytime I do something to the code.

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#109]
Wow! Thanks Tachyon!
Updating the update in some minutes time (uploading small correction. it is just a debuglog).

therevills(Posted 2010) [#110]
Hi Ziggy,

I have just downloaded the new version on my work PC (shhh! :)) and it did open my project fine at first.

But now after closing BLide and reopening, it is still hanging when it says: "Preparing local shortcuts windows..."

:(

Could you please provide the download link for 10.01.24 again, as the one you post links to 10.02.01A?

Thanks

GfK(Posted 2010) [#111]
Might be worth mentioning - sorry for being a bit half-arsed here...

When I installed the new version, I left "Run BLIde now" (or whatever) checked. I got about five errors before BLIde opened but I can't remember what they said. Don't get any errors at all when I open BLIde now.

therevills(Posted 2010) [#112]
I decided to wait and see if BLIde ever came back... it did 5 minutes later :/

So I can open my project, but I need to make a brew when its opening ;)

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#113]
@Gfk: This is the .net cache that sometimes does not play nice with BLIde updates. Nothing important as the cache is reseted after BLIde is restarted. It is not nice and I'm really wishing to find a way to solve it, but no luck (yet)

@therevills: I have no idea what can be causing this. Is there any possibility for me to have a copy of your solution for me to test it and fix any possible issue? What else is running at the same time as BLIde (any *funny* thing or something?)

link to version 10.01.24 here

therevills(Posted 2010) [#114]
Sorry Ziggy, since this project is using Grey Aliens Framework I cant send it to you (unless you have a copy yourself)

Ive just installed 10.01.24-a and my project works fine with this version.

Can I install different versions of BLIde somehow?

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#115]
Can you send me an email, so I send you a test build just to see if it makes any difference? I would love to see what is causing this and I have a possible 'candidate' fix, as it seems it is something related to the serialization of folding states (wich was added after the version that does not causes this for you).

therevills(Posted 2010) [#116]
Email sent to the one in your profile on BlitzBasic...

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#117]
Small update released to fix the Therevills error.
Thanks for helping me find this one!

TMK(Posted 2010) [#118]
Awesome, this new therevills fix also fixed the problem I had with BLIde hanging while loading a project :)

And the last version fixed the undo problem, great job ziggy! :)

therevills(Posted 2010) [#119]
Excellent - good work Ziggy :)

Just tested it and all looks good! :)

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#120]
A Small update is available. This is the changelog/fixes:
[*] Added several improvements to the LUA syntactic parser. Thanks to Fabian for providing the improved XML parser source code.

[*] Recent solutions menu now handles a larger list of recent solutions.

[*] Fixed: BLIde was performing code completion for inherited methods and functions, even when the ESC key was pressed to cancel this action.

To get this latest update in BLIde Plus, just go to Help / Check for blide updates. BLIde Plus will update itself automatically.

kenshin(Posted 2010) [#121]
I'm having trouble getting blide to work on my setup. All I get is a window saying: Blide has stopped working. Theres no "details" button on the error window. I tried the compatibility settings, and also "Run as admin". UAC is turned off. I've also tried re-installing the Arial font, and also tried various earlier versions of blide which I have lying about. All are crashing on startup with the above error message.

Any ideas? I'm running out of options. Is there a startup log file I can examine for possible faults?

Specs are in my sig.

EDIT - Got it sorted out. My "Courier New" font needed to be reinstalled.

GfK(Posted 2010) [#122]
Is BLIde Publisher broken? I've never used it before but I'm getting an error every time:
"C:/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe" -s -stack 4194304 -subsystem windows -o "D:\Magicville WIP\Magicville\Magicville.exe" -L"C:/BlitzMax/lib" "C:/BlitzMax/tmp/ld.tmp"

C:/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldsound

ziggy(Posted 2010) [#123]
It's not broken here! This looks like there is a sound linbrary missing in your lib folder of your BlitzMax set-up. Does it work when making a non publisher build? and if so, are the same settings being used like threaded mode, debug, etc? This is an error being reported by the linker being used by the blitzmax compiler at compile time, nothing related to what BLIde is doing, so not sure where to look at apart5 from ensuring everyhing is well setup. Another test you could do is turn off quickbuild (if it is on) and ensure your application compiles everything properly on regular BLIde usage.