A weird problem!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/A weird problem!

Jur(Posted 2009) [#1]
The problem started when I changed my ".bmx" files structure a little. I got "duplicate identifier" error which is a sign that something is wrong with "import" statements. So I began to look for cyclic imports and such, but I couldnīt find anything wrong. I started to trace down "import" build execution (by disabling some import statements) but entire "build" process looked more and more weird to me - some ".bmx" files where built which were not imported at all.
At the end I found out that BlitzMax is building something on its own. I even corrupt my root ".bmx" file which should cause "syntax error" but BlitzMax was still building this corrupted file!
It seems that BlitzMax uses some disk cache when building which in my case got corrupted. Here is what I allready did to get rid of the problem:
- I disabled the quick build
- I deleted all .bmx directories with built code
- I renamed root ".bmx" file
- I run the code in BlitzMax 1.33 and BlitzMax 1.35
- I restarted Windows
The problem persists. Is there a special place were Blitzmax keeps its cache on the disk? Or any other idea what to do to fix this?

Jur(Posted 2009) [#2]
Never mind. Not sure exactly what was wrong. The fact is that I managed to write some gibberish before Import statements and there was no error! But the "duplicate identifier error" is now gone.

One thing I learned is that the order in which import files are processed in not necessary the same as the order you wrote them!

markcw(Posted 2009) [#3]
Was it the kind of gibberish that would be found from using SuperStrict?