..vista ultimate 32 bit issue..

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/..vista ultimate 32 bit issue..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..well..Im quite irritated with Vista experience...Im keep receiving this message (i just cant call it error, since its all working just fine on XP and Win7)...its popping up when my proggy clean up some media and GGCollect-ing it..again..debugger show no error, its working on XP and Win7 and vista just driving me nuts..I found some info on Net, and it said I have to upgrade to SP2, what i did and its still..same..funny thing is..there is no REAL description what is this..I have seen that loads of things getting this error, from email service programs, up to stuff like IrfanView and so on...any suggestion?? here is the pic..

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#2]
Are you running it in Debug mode to see what is causing it? Release mode will just crash if there is an issue...

This could be related to the UAC restricting write operations to the Program Files folder. Try running as Administrator and see if that helps.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#3]
..release or debug mode..doesnt make any difference, its keep reporting same message..on other platforms working just super fine also, debug or release mode..aghh

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#4]
Did you try run as Administrator?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#5]
I have been having the same error in my program recently. I thought maybe it's that I have some memory accesses outside of my allocated memory, or maybe it is because I also am using GCCollect() - mainly because the program would crash even more when the automatic garbage collection was running. It's nothing to do with writing files or running as an admin, but right now I also have no clue why it does it. Compiling in debug does not help, the same error occurs with the same message. I wondered if perhaps it's that I'm doing some very intensive CPU activity - maybe vista thinks my program is not responding? I threw in some Delay's but that didn't help.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
Are you guys doing something funky... I'm developing on Vista and don't experience any of these issues.

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#7]
O_o That's very weird. I would suggest there can be something wrong in the code, unless you can replicate it on any other blitzmax app.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2009) [#8]
Can you throw some Print statements into the code and run from the IDE in order to try and determine at what point this is happening?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#9]
I'm pretty sure that for me it's caused by one particular method which processes a bunch of particle positions. I know that probably it's to do with writing or reading outside of allocated memory, but I haven't fixed it yet.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#10]
..in my case, its happening when freeing some characters and corresponding data to them, before proceed to the next level. It happen only when last character in list is freed, but i did check and i have control that stoping freeing if list is empty or doesnt exist. As i said, Xp and Win7 has no problems at all. And its working on both OS with or without debug just fine.