..ide for MAC OSX..

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/..ide for MAC OSX..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2009) [#1]
..well..im looking for some nice IDE for use on mac..I do have Blide for windows and its sooo good...unfortunately, Blide ain't going to see Mac any time soon (if at all), so im looking for something similar, for Mac...so...anything?

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
There's the default Max IDE :-)

N(Posted 2009) [#3]
You're out of luck if you want something like Blide.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#4]
Well you could try CollIDE out.
http://code.google.com/p/blitzcoderide/

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2009) [#5]
Yah besides the community edition of MaxIDE I don't think there is much for the mac, unfortunately. It would be nice if those folks who have made Windows IDE's would compile them for osx, if they're written in blitzmax.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#6]
There's the default Max IDE :-)

Its missing too much... no intellisense is especially frustrating for us non-hardcores

Corum(Posted 2009) [#7]
Unfortunately, it seems Blide is written using the .NET framework, so it's Windows native.
I don't know if a MONO porting could be so easy, but it'd be an example of love and justice for Mac and Linux coders. ;-)

Collide? Uhm.. Java for blitz and uhm... version 0.3rc beta... and uhm... a lot of tricks to make it run under Mac OS... and... uhm.. "(Very basic) autocompletion"... ehm... last update dated may '09... (cry)

:-)

ziggy(Posted 2009) [#8]
The problem of making BLIde running on a mac is the usage of some windows speciffic API that are not covered by the mono framework. Making them for the Mac would be possible, but would cost a fortune (it would be a very long term project). Otherwise, If anybody can provide a viable docking framework (like the one on current BLIde Plus distro) that runs on mono using the windows forms framework, and is compatible with Mac (and Linux), then I would happily considere it seriously as a viable project. Maybe not a port but a MAc IDE compatible with BLIde and with most (or all?) the BLIde functionallity.

markcw(Posted 2009) [#9]
I only learnt about CollIDE recently so I don't know much about it.

I've not tried it so I probably shouldn't have mentioned it but at least it's got an evaluation now, thanks Corum.

dmaz(Posted 2009) [#10]
xcode 3.0... if I had time I'd do the specifications and scripts for bmax.

Corum(Posted 2009) [#11]
What about a brand new QT-based editor, written from scratch with multiplatform support in mind? ^__^
EDIT:
a WxWidgets based version could be equally useful. :-)

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#12]
You've got Scintilla now.