BlitzMax Coder 0.3...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzMax Coder 0.3...

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#1]
Yes I'm going to release 0.3, only got one good article at the moment so it might be a little light on the ground for a christmas edition but that's life...

Unless you happen to have the urge to help out?

However I'am going to pull together a list of all of the showcase games that I can track down but if you have a game/app and would like to supply the following details...

Title:
Description:
Price:

Developed In:
OS(s):

Please also provide at least one screen shot!

and send to blitzapps [at] blitzmaxcoder.com

Kind Regards

Arowx

GfK(Posted 2009) [#2]
Check your email.

Wiebo(Posted 2009) [#3]
What do you mean by 'showcase' games??

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#4]
Wiebo http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=69886

Nate the Great(Posted 2009) [#5]
well here is a simple tutorial i wrote a while back but I dont have time to add much to it :/ Sorry.

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#6]
NTG ?????????????????????????????????

Zeke(Posted 2009) [#7]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=86772 this is what, a BIG article about Noel's Lugi system/or other lua scripting things.. and a lot of examples.. etc..

RifRaf(Posted 2009) [#8]

Alot of those are blitz3d, are you going to start a Blitz3D segment in the magazine ?

N(Posted 2009) [#9]
this is what, a BIG article about Noel's Lugi system/or other lua scripting things.. and a lot of examples.. etc..
The article isn't finished, nor is it in this issue (I wish I could say the opposite of both, but I have the uncanny ability of overestimating how much time I have to do things I'd really like to do [e.g., promoting the use of Lua]). Furthermore, unless you've peered into the future, your idea of what the article is is probably way off-base...

I'm planning on writing it over the break I get for Thanksgiving, but I'm likely going to have an essay to work on for the same period of time, and I can tell you which takes the back seat when time starts running out. Frankly, these past few months have been about equivalent to a shipwreck, and I'm trying to salvage what I can right now (mainly trying to maintain my grades, if nothing else). I've never dreaded Fridays more than I have lately.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#10]
I hear ya... the last few weeks have had so many interruptions like Family visits, Sickness, School events (for my kids), holidays, wife fracturing a vertebra :) etc.. that I've gotten 0 coding done :(

Arowx(Posted 2009) [#11]
Just going to to run through the list and cover all the ones I can find.

Would there be much call for a Blitz3D section?

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2010) [#12]
has there been a 3rd issue?
I can't find it .

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#13]
Apologies, got sidetracked working on a few projects, if there is still interest and anyone has a new article/games products/code they would like to submit then I could go for 0.3?

Arabia(Posted 2010) [#14]
I'm interested in reading it - but I have nothing to add sorry :( The first couple of issues were great

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2010) [#15]
Yah I hope you'll keep going with it, it's a really good magazine.

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#16]
Well any and all suggestions for how to improve it or what you would like to see in issue 0.3?

@ImaginaryHuman - It's more of a reflection of the talent pool here really!

How about I go for an end of the month (Fri 30th) publication date of BlitzMax Coder 0.3?

Zeke(Posted 2010) [#17]
oh.. is 0.3 coming..
Why Arowx you just don't take about 1$ OR some more of each your cool Max Coder release.
because 01 and 02 was so amazing and just like a real "magazine".
So why you dont have any "donation" button on your website(paypal).. :D
i think that it would support your work more.

hm.. Lua scripting..there was Nilium who said (or im not sure) that he could make some cool bmax<-> lua scripting manual? :D or something about scripting...
and i dont say that he is the only.. i have also so much to say..

just add "paypal" donation button to your website. and you will get some rewards..
Thanks

Muttley(Posted 2010) [#18]
I've still got a couple of partially started articles sitting on my drive. Oh, for a bit more free time...

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#19]
Would there be much interest in an article on modules, inroduction to module development and then a breakdown of modules out there what they provide, who has developed them and ideally links to examples and code?

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2010) [#20]
I read lots of requests for this type of help (module development). Like most people I haven't the faintest idea where to start. It would be fascinating to dip my toes into this area.

Cheers
Glenn

Tommo(Posted 2010) [#21]
How about to give Mark another exclusive interview? He might possibly be willing to say something about "that big plan" unofficially through your magazine...

beanage(Posted 2010) [#22]
Unofficially through your magazine

Thats definately an oxymoron ;P

Arowx(Posted 2010) [#23]
Judging from Marks Blog entry and the ongoing new platforms thread, I think this would be a very hot topic and if Mark is interested in a easygoing interview to discuss some of his ideas he's got my e-mail address ;o)

But it might be that it's early days for this project and it might need more exploration and development before he excites the BlitzMax community further.

I suspect that it will be a whole new language and not just an add-on to BlitzMax, so it might not even qualify as a BlitzMax coder article ;o)

NB Pure speculation on my part!