Interrupt with no DebugStop defined

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Interrupt with no DebugStop defined

beanage(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hey,

I experienced this today, and I'm not sure how to handle it.
My app keeps doing something, that normally happens when a DebugStop() is stated, but on random places where clearly no DebugStop's are typed! About 10 of those do occur at the same line again and again and again, and when I hit the Build'n'Run button often enough, at some point my app goes on running "debugstoplessly".

It occurs somewhere within MaxGUI module code, when I try to create a canvas. It may have something to do with messed up memory, but I got NO idea.

Any helpful comments welcome and appreciated :/

[Edit:] Solved. Do never put DebugStop()s inside Delete() methods!!
[Edit2:] At least not in threaded built.

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#2]
Bit hard to say without any code to look at...

beanage(Posted 2009) [#3]
without any code to look at

Oh man thats some 25k lines to look at! Ok, I can clearly isolate the bug to some 6k lines I plugged in yesterday, everything ran fine before, and.. I can post those If you want me to do. Quite interesting code actually. Maybe I can even isolate to 500 lines.

So let me compile the ultimate debug code collection..

beanage(Posted 2009) [#4]
Ok, i spent the whole day with this code and its full of rem'ed debugstops and prints.. I did never post some of my code before, so do not puke at me if you dont like it *hiding behind the sofa*
The critical code is definatly in here so..here we go:

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#5]
Hmmm, there is a DebugStop command in your T3DVec class.

Method Delete()
		DebugStop()
	End Method

Any time a T3DVec variable goes out of scope and is subsequently garbage collected that will be called...

beanage(Posted 2009) [#6]
I.. uhm.. am silly. That solved it. I wouldnt have expected the solution to be THAT obvious.. THANK YOU!!!!! Laalalalala and again I love this community. (You can call me childish if you want)

Muttley(Posted 2009) [#7]
No problem, glad to help. :)

plash(Posted 2009) [#8]
The search/find function is probably what you should use in the future..