just compile in debug mode and then play sound?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/just compile in debug mode and then play sound?

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#1]
hey would this be possible?

to create an EXE or modify the IDE source code so that blitzmax compiles modules in debug mode only and then plays a sound when all modules are compiled? (equivalent to CTRL-D)

Scienthsine(Posted 2009) [#2]
You could modify the IDE source and do that. The source is provided to people who own the MaxGUI. Shouldn't be too hard.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#3]
Musical compilation? That's new :-)

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#4]
If you're using Brucey's BMK NG, it's easy to recompile in just debug mode from the command line:

-a = all modules
-d = debug mode
-h = threaded mode

bmk makemods -a -d
bmk makemods -a -d -h

slenkar(Posted 2009) [#5]
musical compiling, yeah sounds good, BMK NG could play a 'jaws' like theme that gets scarier the closer Blitzmax is to compiling all updated modules.

thanks for the command-line stuff I may use that

hey I just realised that there is no need to recompile all modules (related to a certain module) to see the results of a change,

I had a module called game.types which stored all the types

whenever I changed something in that file I had to recompile all other game related modules such as game.ai game.gui game.controls

but lately I realised that all you have to do is let game.types compile and the project is good to go - you can execute it with no errors (as long as nothing has changed that would upset the other modules of course)